old house cards vs new house cards

By Aegon_V, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

So i just got A Clash of Kings game today and i was looking at the rules, it says that the old house cards from a game of thrones should not have a crown on them but mine do. so all of the backs of my house cards except the martell cards have a crown. So my question is what is a good way to mark them to tell the difference so the cards don't get mixed.

I have the same problem. Is this a misprint, and is there a way to get a copy of the original house cards without crowns?

I just emailed FFG support and they said they're going to send me a pack of the correct original cards, sans crown. It looks like the original house cards with a crown on the back is from a newer printing of the game, and is a misprint. Go to this website, look under Game Component Issues, and shoot them an email. Make sure to include your name and mailing address.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp

David

thanks this helps alot

Thanks for the information about the misprint. As for replacement cards, I have noticed that FFG really jumps to it in providing players with replacements.

I sent an e-mail about this issue to "[email protected]" and haven't heard back from them. It's been two weeks now and the issue is a bit urgent as I'm also missing a Lannister card, so the game isn't really playable. In the past it hasn't taken FFG more than a few days to respond. Has anyone contacted FFG recently and noticed such a delay? Is it perhaps due to Gencon?

Sythorn said:

I sent an e-mail about this issue to "[email protected]" and haven't heard back from them. It's been two weeks now and the issue is a bit urgent as I'm also missing a Lannister card, so the game isn't really playable. In the past it hasn't taken FFG more than a few days to respond. Has anyone contacted FFG recently and noticed such a delay? Is it perhaps due to Gencon?

Probably.

OD