High-res map

By Kai Kazegami, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Hey hey,

I just acquired the PDF version of the 5e core rulebook. Loving it!

I think it would be nice to have a high resolution version of the 5e Rokugan map. Maybe 4k+ or at least around 3000 wide.

It is a highly important (and beautiful) piece of lore, and it bugs me a bit that it gets blurry when I zoom in on the labels.

Does the community already has access to a high res version of the map?

Edit: For example, this is a zoom-in on a label on the PDF:

map_zoomIn.png.04673defd9c1ee83f08f9c86b798a11e.png

Hard to read!

Edited by kai_kazegami
Adding screenshot, clarification in italic

This might be a problem with your pdf reader program. The pdf my GM has is high res, here is a 1600% zoom shot from it:

ct2uzdTuo2kInPj75FH-OJUNlC2eOKC8Ps0Z1lmK

In Acrobat X, it's low-res on the map. And it's low-res in the file, not just in the render – I've stripped the file 3 different ways.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:20 AM, AtoMaki said:

This might be a problem with your pdf reader program. The pdf my GM has is high res, here is a 1600% zoom shot from it:

I can't see your screenshot. Could you try reuploading it?

I don't believe it is a problem with my PDF reader. I use the Adobe Creative Cloud on a daily basis for my work.
If you suspect it is, could you please point me toward a possible fix or troubleshoot?
I haven't encountered this resolution issue on other projects.

And if possible, could you ask your GM where they acquired a PDF with a high res 5e map?

18 hours ago, AK_Aramis said:

In Acrobat X, it's low-res on the map. And it's low-res in the file, not just in the render – I've stripped the file 3 different ways.

Yes, that is my experience with it.

---

Does FFG have officlal representatives following up on the community that could please shine some light?

@kai_kazegami Here is a hotlink. I'm not an expert, so I can't really help with fixing it, but maybe you can try another pdf reader program (we use SlimPDF) or maybe try to re-download the document. Our GM has the DriveThru version AFAIK.

7 hours ago, AtoMaki said:

@kai_kazegami Here is a hotlink. I'm not an expert, so I can't really help with fixing it, but maybe you can try another pdf reader program (we use SlimPDF) or maybe try to re-download the document. Our GM has the DriveThru version AFAIK.

Thank you for the link!

I have tried three different methods of opening the DriveThru PDF:

Really hard to read.

It would be great if FFG could provide us a high-res support download of it.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:26 AM, AtoMaki said:

That's not particularly good. That's the roughly 150 dpi we're complaining about.

Maybe ask the Customer Service email

Here was the 4ed map, i don't have the 5e book to know if its changed at all http://talesofrokugan.com/map/

18 hours ago, wargames-qcf said:

Here was the 4ed map, i don't have the 5e book to know if its changed at all http:  //  talesofrokugan.com/ma  p  /

Yes, it's changed. Considerably, name-wise; the geography is slightly different.