Marie Lambeau "Smoky Velvet" ability

By Schmiegel, in Arkham Horror

Just wanted to clarify Marie's special ability.. "Smoky Velvet - Once per round, after you perform an action, another investigator on any space may perform that same action. (Normal action restrictions still apply.)

As an example, Marie takes her turn first, and moves. Then, using Smoky Velvet, Michael McGlen moves. When Michael's turn comes up, does "Normal action restrictions still apply" mean that Michael can only take one action on his turn. (If so, that wouldn't seem like much of a special ability.) I would assume that Michael still gets his two actions.

Most likely the "normal action restrictions" being referred to are things such as when engaged with a monster, the only available actions are evade, focus and attack.

But I'm not 100% sure so would appreciate others' opinions on this. Thank you!

Yes, the "normal action restrictions" are both your limitations on actions when you are engaged AND the fact that you can only do one of each type of action per round. So if they have already had their turn, they can't do an action they already did and if they haven't gone yet, the one Marie allowed them to do is not available to them when they go although they still get their full number of actions per turn separate from Marie's ability trigger. At least that's my understanding.

3 hours ago, mwmcintyre said:

Yes, the "normal action restrictions" are both your limitations on actions when you are engaged AND the fact that you can only do one of each type of action per round. So if they have already had their turn, they can't do an action they already did and if they haven't gone yet, the one Marie allowed them to do is not available to them when they go although they still get their full number of actions per turn separate from Marie's ability trigger. At least that's my understanding.

I believe this is correct. Marie is the only investigator currently who can do the same action twice in a single round.

She can still only use her Smokey Velvet ability once though.

She can use this ability to let an ally take a "Component" action, meaning something on a Codex card. She can essentially double down on clearing Mystery tokens in certain scenarios (such as Umôrdhoth).

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Gorphax said:

She can use this ability to let an ally take a "Component" action, meaning something on a Codex card. She can essentially double down on clearing Mystery tokens in certain scenarios (such as Umôrdhoth).

Yes, although the Mystery tokens in Umôrdhoth are removed when a specified cultists shows up, and 1 is placed on the scenario sheet when 1 of those cultists is defeated. (Unless you are referring to a different Codex card than I am.)

As a small aside, that allows you to remove 5 tokens, but place 6 as the initial is considered one of them.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, Soakman said:

I believe this is correct. Marie is the only investigator currently who can do the same action twice in a single round.

Yupp, seems correct.

402.3 explains that additional actions granted from game effects does not count towards the 2 actions an investigator can perform during their activation. But the limit of each individual action only being allowed once per game round still applies.

4 hours ago, Duciris said:

Yes, although the Mystery tokens in Umôrdhoth are removed when a specified cultists shows up, and 1 is placed on the scenario sheet when 1 of those cultists is defeated. (Unless you are referring to a different Codex card than I am.)

As a small aside, that allows you to remove 5 tokens, but place 6 as the initial is considered one of them.

Whoop, I meant Azathoth I think. The one with the Barrier.

14 hours ago, Gorphax said:

Whoop, I meant Azathoth I think. The one with the Barrier.

Yeah, Azathoth