player survived in the warp for 6 years... what now?

By HarroldSaxon, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

In our groups last session, the party had to take a short walk through the formless wasts of the warp, during the trip one player was seperated and lost for what to him was 6 years. only an hour or so for the other players. he had to pass over 40 tests of various difficulty to survive the ordeal, spending and then burning every last fate point he had just to make it back to reality. He's now unhinged, with 5 tramas. I awarded him 1000 xp for surviving. and to help make up for his new limitations. is this enough do you think? and should the Inquisition treat him as tainted or welcome him back? I hadn't really planned on letting anyone who wondered off in the warp survival and am just unsure how to treat his character now. Any advice would be welcome!

6 hours ago, HarroldSaxon said:

and lost for what to him was 6 years. only an hour or so for the other players. he had to pass over 40 tests of various difficulty to survive the ordeal,

To surviveā€¦ on what ?

6 hours ago, HarroldSaxon said:

and should the Inquisition treat him as tainted or welcome him back?

Depends on how Puritan the specific members of Inquisition are, of course. Picking up survivors of Warp related incidents is not anywhere as radical as setting up "controlled" possessions, at least.

I think you should've stopped immediately and just said, "You're lost for 6 years if you burn a fate point you survive otherwise make a new PC because you go crazy"

Like...this is way way way too much.

The Inquisition would just kill him.