Imperial Hangar Bay

By ajdrake, in Terrain Building

Here you see my first attempt of terrainbuilding.

It is an Imperial Hangar Bay with catwalks, Ties and cargoboxes.

Still a lot to do (painting, etc.)

I want the floor with marks and signs for the Ties and boxes. Will probably design a mat.

What do you think?

Anny Tipps and ideas.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by ajdrake
8 hours ago, ajdrake said:

Here you see my first attempt of terrainbuilding.

It is an Imperial Hangar Bay with catwalks, Ties and cargoboxes.

Still a lot to do (painting, etc.)

I want the floor with marks and signs for the Ties and boxes. Will probably design a mat.

What do you think?

Anny Tipps and ideas.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

That looks absolutely amazing Hope you can have some great games. ?

Edited by LordBubba

Yeah . . . that is totally awesome. I would really like a battlefield exactly like that.

This looks epic! Where did you get your catwalks from?

The catwalks are from thingivers.

TabletopOddities/Jason Cunliff.

They are modular, so you can design your own scenario.

I'd suggest painting the TIEs to be Imperial rather than First Order, but other than that minor quibble I think your hangar is outstanding!

Looks like fun to play on which is always important. Maybe a drybrush on the catwalks but not bad as it is. A crane might be fun as well.

I thought leaving the catwalks nice and clean ´cause the imperial ships and starbases are always tidy and shiny ;)

9 minutes ago, ajdrake said:

I thought leaving the catwalks nice and clean ´cause the imperial ships and starbases are always tidy and shiny ;)

I heartily agree with you. You could give them a gloss coat, though. I'm pretty sure the Death Star floors were all pretty shiny.

very neat table sir...

hey could you post a closer up pic of the gantry ways and how they meet up to the backs of the tie's please? just curiosity about it

13 hours ago, magnumhan said:

very neat table sir...

hey could you post a closer up pic of the gantry ways and how they meet up to the backs of the tie's please? just curiosity about it

17.jpg

Nice looking table. I think it looks great and offers a lot of options being modular. This could easily be an interior and an exterior map based simply on the mat you choose.

Black mat and it is a Imperial Interior. Gray mat it is a Rebel makeshift hangar. Brown/Tan or Green mat and it is an exterior hangar. White mat and you are on Hoth. The number of locations for this modular set up is huge! Throw in a building or two and you get a whole new dynamic.

I am doing a Death Star/Star Destroyer interior table. It too will be modular so it doesn't get routine. Then an interior/exterior Bespin table based on EA Battlefront 2015 Bespin DLC.

Good Luck and have fun.

Looks great!

Where did you get the tie fighter models? The scale looks very close yeah?

I like the tie models as well. This reminds me of jedi outcast ii when kyle is infiltrating the imperial.base on ketsem or wherever the mining community is. He walks right through a hangar exactly like this

The models are from Revell (with sound and light)

Awesome project AJ. Got me inspired to do a similar board. I've got about half the pieces printed and built so far. Any other ideas for a game mat? I'm struggling to find something portable.

I was planning to design my own

Black Underground with colored markings for the ships, boxes, etc.

Edited by ajdrake

Looks great. with all those catwalks, there's plenty of elevated positions to fight from. The blast door behind Vader is a nice touch. Helps convey that this room is connected to more.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, ajdrake said:

The catwalks are from thingivers.

TabletopOddities/Jason Cunliff.

They are modular, so you can design your own scenario.

I've tried searching for these on Thingivers with no luck. :(

Any help with a link?

Great job... I like it!!!

Thank you. I Had much fun Planing it.

Now I like to design the floor with all the markings.