[Portland, OR] 2018 Regional at Red Castle Games 12/8

By Red Castle Games, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Red Castle Games is proud to announce our first Armada Regional Championship! Here's everything you need to know:

2018 RED CASTLE ARMADA REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

• Where? Red Castle Games
  • What Day? Saturday, December 8th
  • What Time? Check-in starts promptly at 10 AM. The tournament begins at 10:30 AM.
  • How Much? The entry fee is $25
  • How Many Players? Space is limited to 24 participants so don't wait to preregister.

PREREGISTRATION
You can preregister at the store or use this link to pay online: Online Preregistration

WHAT TO BRING
Please bring an FFG 3x3 Star Wars playmat if you have one. Please also bring 2 copies of your fleet list.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
400-point fleets. We will likely play 3 rounds of Swiss.

LUNCH and DESSERT
Pizza and cake will be provided to all participants. We will break for lunch after the first round.

PRIZES
Every participant is guaranteed a prize. We will also have a special "Anakin" prize for the player who comes in last place.

SUPER STAR DESTROYER RAFFLE
To mark this special occasion, we are raffling off a Super Star Destroyer at this event. Your entry into the tournament is your ticket to win. That means you have a 1/24 chance to walk away with the biggest, baddest ship in Armada. I know, I know... don't tell you the odds.

Note: We will raffle off the SSD at the end of the tournament. You must be present to win. If the SSD hasn't been released by 12/8/18 we will have it for the winner upon release, shipping it to your location if necessary.

Update: You are guaranteed to play 3 rounds at this event β€” there won't be any byes due to having an odd number of players.

I've arranged for an experienced Armada player to only participate in the Regional Championship if we don't have an even number of players. I expect this event to sell out, but in case it doesn't rest assured you'll get a full day of battles. There will be no sitting around being bored while other people get to play with their spaceships!

...first I saw raffle for SSD, which oc is exiting... but there is CAKE too!? :D

I realize you may be joking about the cake compared to a Super Star Destroyer, and I totally get it 😁 β€” however, it's a bit of a tradition for me to bring a thematically decorated cake to the big events I run. I did that for several Call of Cthulhu LCG Regionals, Doomtown: Reloaded tournaments, the L5R LCG launch and a Halloween Arkham Horror LCG event. I haven't designed an Armada cake before, but I've got a few ideas. We'll see how it turns out!

Edited by Red Castle Games
Emoji wasn't showing up properly.

Update: We now have only 9 spots left open for this event, with 6 taken in just the last few days.

If you're planning on attending this Regional I would advise signing up sooner rather than later as it's filling up faster than expected.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, Red Castle Games said:

Update: You are guaranteed to play 3 rounds at this event β€” there won't be any byes due to having an odd number of players.

I've arranged for an experienced Armada player to only participate in the Regional Championship if we don't have an even number of players. I expect this event to sell out, but in case it doesn't rest assured you'll get a full day of battles. There will be no sitting around being bored while other people get to play with their spaceships!

I just thought I would mention that Store Championship winners can take a first round bye if they wish. This does complicate the 3 game guarantee if an odd number of folks claim a SC bye.

1 hour ago, Thrindal said:

I just thought I would mention that Store Championship winners can take a first round bye if they wish. This does complicate the 3 game guarantee if an odd number of folks claim a SC bye.

This is true. And we do have some players in the area with a SC bye. My hope is that they'll want to play with their toys rather than sit around for 2 hours and watch other people have fun with dice and spaceships. However, that's out of my hands.

What I can guarantee is that if we have an odd number of players for the event based on attendance, there won't be a bye each round.

Update: And we're down to the final 5 spots for this Regional.

Update: This event is now sold out. Admirals, I look forward to seeing you on December the 8th!

My buddy just told me he’s willing to skip the magic GP to come play armada and I checked the website and it’s sold out. Glad I reserved early. Is there a way to notify if a person drops out or cancels?

This event definitely sold out faster than expected!

I've had several people inquiring about spots opening up if a player drops out. If someone withdraws before Saturday, December 8th, I will post here and on the PNW FaceBook pages that we have a slot available.

The other option is to be at the store on 12/8 during the 10 AM check-in and see if someone decided not to show up at the last minute. Any open spots will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.