Unboxing Arkham Horror Third Edition Video

By ArkhamChronicle, in Arkham Horror

If you fancy an in-depth look at everything inside the box, and the box itself, and heck even the shrinkwrap this mother of all unboxings aims to please.

https://youtu.be/LhxB3NnHlxE

Great video, thank you for the unboxing.

FFG cheaping out on the plastic stands is annoying. With Eldritch Horror you got a plastic stand for each investigator.
It's a pain to get those stands in my country, I will need to special order them and hope they will arrive in the next 3 months.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

Which country is causing you all these problems?

4 hours ago, OpticFusion said:

Great video, thank you for the unboxing.

FFG cheaping out on the plastic stands is annoying. With Eldritch Horror you got a plastic stand for each investigator.
It's a pain to get those stands in my country, I will need to special order them and hope they will arrive in the next 3 months.

I do not doubt that they did it for cost savings. But I’ll also say this:

1) The stands they use in AH3E slip on and off for me way easier than the stands of AH2E or EH (while still staying secure once in). So far, I haven’t even come close to damaging an investigator token when putting it on a stand. With AH2E and EH, this happened to me about 1 out of every 5 or 6 times, no matter how careful I was.

2) It compacts way better without all of the extra stands. This will be particularly true after many expansions.

11 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

If you fancy an in-depth look at everything inside the box, and the box itself, and heck even the shrinkwrap this mother of all unboxings aims to please.

https://youtu.be/LhxB3NnHlxE

Nice. You're reviews are always really enjoyable.

I haven't finished it, so I don't know if you've mentioned it, but the chaos bag mythos cup tokens are 25.0mm. Like a fool I ordered enough (40) coin capsules, as they work well for the LCG, in the 25.0mm size. They are snug. So snug that some of them will be damaged should I ever choose to take them out. I would probably recommend the 26.0mm (which I believe was your recommendation for the LCG).

20 minutes ago, jda1974 said:

I do not doubt that they did it for cost savings. But I’ll also say this:

1) The stands they use in AH3E slip on and off for me way easier than the stands of AH2E or EH (while still staying secure once in). So far, I haven’t even come close to damaging an investigator token when putting it on a stand. With AH2E and EH, this happened to me about 1 out of every 5 or 6 times, no matter how careful I was.

They announced a back in June that they we releasing new standees, but didn't give much for information about them. I was hoping that they would fix the damage they do to the chits they stand, and am happy to hear that they do. I use Mansions minis, even if they aren't the right investigator's mini :angry: , so I hadn't tried them out. :D

ffs81_box_left.png

1 hour ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

Thanks for the kind words mate.

Which country is causing you all these problems?

I’m from South Africa.

I’m currently in the shop holding the AH box. Should I or shouldn’t I?

Edited by OpticFusion
14 minutes ago, OpticFusion said:

I’m from South Africa.

I’m currently in the shop holding the AH box. Should I or shouldn’t I?

You should!

Are there coin capsules that would be good for focus tokens and anomanoly tokens. And is Yes, what size?

Anyone have readable pictures of the investigator cards and backs, plus their items?

In the Learn to play book it states under componants that you get 12 investigators waith matching token and stand. Reading that makes me think it was a mistake by the printer that they gave too few plastic stands. Or they changed it to only 6 stand after printing the rule books.