Forum name changed

By Budgernaut, in BattleLore

I just noticed that this forum is now called "BattleLore" instead of "BattleLore: Second Edition." Anyone know how long ago that happened? I feel like it had to be in the past week or so.

Don't know but I guess that - since RuneWars is on holiday sale that this might be (reminding that BattleLore is a offspring of the ever flower Memoir44) a good sign for a revival. :)

They also changed the AH 3rd to simply AH. Means the previous edition is not significant any longer

If you look through the other sections, they seem to have 'rationalised' all the forum names - removing sub titles like '2nd edition' etc.

So this looks like it's simply part of that

Actually makes sense - just because we're on n th edition of any game the forums should be for all versions as not everyone will move over and old games must still get played (or get mixed with the new versions in creative ways by fans!). Ideally of course they'd make new and old versions compatible where possible, even if there's a conversion system or fans have to do the 'making it work' work, but sadly they often don't which is a shame when version a expansions often differ to version b expansions which go out of print. It's always worth hanging on to good stuff from games series for this reason and fan-converting it if it gets dropped with a new edition.