New California Edition Where is it.

By Darkchyde, in Fallout

I saw the announcement that it's available for sale but this caught my FLGS by surprise. When they checked on it they were informed that it was only available from Gamestop first. Has anyone else ran in to this and if not who did you purchase it from?

I've put in a request at my local game shop. They said they're going to be carrying it, but still didn't have a release date. I assume that FFG will be sending their shipments out now and it should filter into game shops in the coming couple weeks?

EDIT: For clarification, FFG posted that it was now available about 2 hours after I talked to my game shop, so perhaps things have changed. Either way, the shop said they'd give me a call when it came it, so I'll just keep enjoying the base game while I wait :-).

Edited by buffaloseven

Our local is Wednesday.

I’m surprised there’s been no talk of rule or end game tweaks/alternatives with the expansion, really just seems to be additional content.

Found a copy at a thinkgeek store in the mall. Same parent company as Gamestop. IDK why they do this, they did it with Hail Hydra also. It seems like each store only gets 1 copy of the advanced batch and if you don't get it you wait for the actual release. And when I went down there to pick it up they didn't try and upsell a bunch of stuff or anything. They didn't even have it advertised or on the floor, the guy had to go in the back and dig it out of a box. Really weird almost anti-promotion.

My FLGS hasn't gotten their copies of it yet. When I checked with them this past weekend their distributor haven't gotten it yet either.

On Gamestop's website the product is listed as Fallout New California Expansion - First at Gamestop. So it looks like gamestop has an exclusive for the first month or so.

Because ThinkGeek/GameStop is losing so much business to independent game stores I’m sure ?

I don’t mind waiting for my FLGS to get it this time, but this better not be the start of a new trend.

5 hours ago, YoureNoGood2MeDeadpool said:

Because ThinkGeek/GameStop is losing so much business to independent game stores I’m sure ?

I don’t mind waiting for my FLGS to get it this time, but this better not be the start of a new trend.

I agree, I preordered through my FLGS when it was announced. When I checked today they still have no idea about when it should be in. I would be very disappointed if this kind of thing becomes the norm.