Island Solo

By ScottGilbert25, in Discover: Lands Unknown

Anyone else stuck on an Island?

Yup, haven't played it yet, but that's one of my terrains. I also got Badlands, which one was your second terrain type?

I have the Badlands too. Made it the farthest with Sushi chef in a Cry for Help so far. Also used the explorer a couple of times too but with worse sucess.

2 hours ago, ScottGilbert25 said:

I have the Badlands too. Made it the farthest with Sushi chef in a Cry for Help so far. Also used the explorer a couple of times too but with worse sucess.

I didn't get the sushi chef - but I saw his ability on another video - very helpful. From the rules and abilities, it seems to me none of the character packs are tied to a particular terrain type, whereas a lot of other components are. I also don't have a scenario titled "Cry For Help". Interesting.

Finally beat the scenario. Took me all day. Started playing the 2nd scenario and got a exploration card that says I need 3 players to go on to the next card!? I am playing solo.

3 minutes ago, ScottGilbert25 said:

Finally beat the scenario. Took me all day. Started playing the 2nd scenario and got a exploration card that says I need 3 players to go on to the next card!? I am playing solo.

What's the specific text? Is it possible you're misreading it?

It is possible. Card says:

If survivors in your space have 1 "electric motor" item -or 2 " electric motor " items if (survivor symbol) is 3 or greater -resolve exploration card #58. Now it could be possible the motor cards have that symbol on it but I have not found one yet.

Probably not crucial to the scenario. Kind of how tribal threat cards get discarded if there's only one survivor left.

16 hours ago, ScottGilbert25 said:

It is possible. Card says:

If survivors in your space have 1 "electric motor" item -or 2 " electric motor " items if (survivor symbol) is 3 or greater -resolve exploration card #58. Now it could be possible the motor cards have that symbol on it but I have not found one yet.

Just ran into this myself. So what it is saying is that if you have less than 3 survivors, you only need one electric motor item. If you have 3 or more survivors in the game, you need two electric motor items to fulfill the requirements.

Okay I got it now. Wish they worded it differently. I died right afterwards anyway. Probably try again tonight.

With how finicky and particular some of the things are, frankly I'm kind of annoyed they chose to use mini cards - there's a lot of important detail text on those cards and I really think using full sized cards would make the game a lot easier, although I can see several reasons why they chose to use the mini cards, it's still not my favorite choice.