Co-op?

By BrianBrightblade, in Fallout

I already bought the first game and was really bummed with how the victory conditions end the game in such a capricious and unsatisfying manner (the quest lines mean very little and don't resolve before someone declares single or double!?!? loyalty), so does anyone know if it's worth me throwing away an addition $40 for the co-op?

Co-op is clearly how this game should have been designed in the first place, and I'm worried this expansion will have a single thing to do in that format and then it will be back to the broken faction loyalty system. I've brought it out twice to the table and it left everyone cold both times.

I’ve played Fallout quite a few times and enjoyed it nearly every time.

I get the feeling that the victory system was tacked on to satisfy the players that have to win.

I play to explore the Wasteland and have fun. We focus on finishing sub-quests and side stories. Don’t really care if the factions win or not and if you win by the end of the game it’s just a bonus.

So yes I’ll be getting the expansion ?

Edited by Vetnor

Rules for New California available to download.

Coop rules look an easy retrofit to the base game. Pick a faction you want to all work towards and use the new rules. Also leads to team based competition where you each pick a faction at the start and work against each other. Throw in player trading as an action and suddenly the game improves dramatically.