XP earned in each Bespin mission?

By TeethAlmighty, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey folks, trying to optimize hero build choices for Bespin Gambit. Does anyone recall how much xp is available for wins and losses after each mission?

We started with 3 xp, then earned 2 xp (plus Lando) after winning the first mission.

Is it generally 2 xp for a win and 1 for a loss?

Side question. No spoilers please ?

Since we earned Lando, is "Company of Heroes" and "Waylay" a better build for Murne (currently has rebel propaganda) than "Lead From The Front"?

Other heroes are Onar (brute strength), Davith (shrouded lightsaber) and Verena (point blank shot). Imperial deck is black ops.

Edited by TeethAlmighty

Missions two and three are 3XP for a win and 2 for a loss.

2 hours ago, TeethAlmighty said:

Hey folks, trying to optimize hero build choices for Bespin Gambit. Does anyone recall how much xp is available for wins and losses after each mission?

We started with 3 xp, then earned 2 xp (plus Lando) after winning the first mission.

Is it generally 2 xp for a win and 1 for a loss?

Side question. No spoilers please ?

Since we earned Lando, is "Company of Heroes" and "Waylay" a better build for Murne (currently has rebel propaganda) than "Lead From The Front"?

Other heroes are Onar (brute strength), Davith (shrouded lightsaber) and Verena (point blank shot). Imperial deck is black ops.

IMO if you've got Lando, Company of Heroes is a great buy regardless of which way you go. As long as he kills at least one regular stormtrooper, you've made back your investment :P

Edited by ManateeX

True, as it’s only 1XP Company is a good choice regardless at this point. Given the rest of the team I’d say Murne can sit back and play support if that’s what you want. You’re pretty much free to play it however you want.

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

IMO if you've got Lando, Company of Heroes is a great buy regardless of which way you go. As long as he kills at least one regular stormtrooper, you've made back your investment :P

That's a great way of looking at it. One trooper with Company of Heroes vs. a whole squad without!

1 hour ago, Uninvited Guest said:

True, as it’s only 1XP Company is a good choice regardless at this point. Given the rest of the team I’d say Murne can sit back and play support if that’s what you want. You’re pretty much free to play it however you want.

I was looking forward to seeing her with a Lead from the Front build, but now that we have an ally, it just seems like Waylay helps us maximize that activation advantage!

11 hours ago, TeethAlmighty said:

I was looking forward to seeing her with a Lead from the Front build, but now that we have an ally, it just seems like Waylay helps us maximize that activation advantage!

If you do end up going with Waylay, don't forget that neither of the abilities exhaust the card. That means that after using false orders you can pay two strain to give an attack to another hero AND to an ally. I know I overlooked that completely on my first play-through :) .

5 hours ago, ManateeX said:

If you do end up going with Waylay, don't forget that neither of the abilities exhaust the card. That means that after using false orders you can pay two strain to give an attack to another hero AND to an ally. I know I overlooked that completely on my first play-through :) .

May be hard to position her to pull it off, but three attacks in one action is nothing to sneeze at! Will make her strain-heavy though. Solidarity will be a must.

6 hours ago, ManateeX said:

Do you mean by that

1) you pay 2 strains in the same sequence and then proceeds to give an attack to another hero (or ally) and then to an ally (other hero) compared to

2) paying one strain to allow an ally to attack and then (for instance) seeing that the target survived, you pay an extra strain to allow another hero to attack?

After False Order, when you spend 1 strain to let an ally or hero to attack, once the attack is done, are you still in the "after False Order" state? I'm not sure about that but my intuition would says no. Therefore, I feel 1) would be the correct approach. For example, you spend 1 strain to give another hero an attack and right away spend another strain to let an ally perform an attack. Then you proceed with both attacks one at a time. Is that what you meant?

Waylay has two abilities with the same timing trigger, both abilities trigger at the same time when you have resolved False Order, thus they are resolved in the timing conflict resolution order (you choose the order to resolve them). The cost (strain in this case) is paid just before the ability is performed to use that ability, or not paid to not use the ability. So, suffer strain to resolve the top or bottom ability, then (if you want and can) suffer strain to resolve the other one.

I.e. you are still "after resolving False Order" when you resolve an ability with that trigger.

If you perform an ability with any other trigger you are not (such as spending movement points, suffering strain for movement points, or any other during-your-activation ability).

Edited by a1bert
22 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

After False Order, when you spend 1 strain to let an ally or hero to attack, once the attack is done, are you still in the "after False Order" state? I'm not sure about that but my intuition would says no. Therefore, I feel 1) would be the correct approach. For example, you spend 1 strain to give another hero an attack and right away spend another strain to let an ally perform an attack. Then you proceed with both attacks one at a time. Is that what you meant?

What A1bert said :) . At least that's how I've always interpreted it (at least since I realized that the card did not exhaust).