Are the newer IA miniatures the same size of legion

By mulletcheese, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Except the alliance smuggler always looked bigger as well. The larger vehicles were not to scale either as they had to fit on a 2x3 base

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

Except the alliance smuggler always looked bigger as well. The larger vehicles were not to scale either as they had to fit on a 2x3 base

Especially that tank, good lord.

It's like, maybe a fourth of the size it should be.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, subtrendy2 said:

Especially that tank, good lord.

It's like, maybe a fourth of the size it should be.

It definitely looks to me more like an armed land speeder than a tank. I’m okay with that, but the idea that it’s a tank is silly.

8 hours ago, LStyer said:

It definitely looks to me more like an armed land speeder than a tank. I’m okay with that, but the idea that it’s a tank is silly.

Yeah, I mean, it's one of those situations where we could either have the tank be smaller, or not have it at all. I guess I'll take it as is, but I think I prefer when they chose vehicles that actually work for the game, like the AT-DP.

Personally, I have no problem with the small-scale vehicles (and multi-space figures -- i.e. Jabba is WAY too small for scale) in IA. The game is about simulation anyway, with 2D representation of 3D maps and very short blaster ranges (when compared to figure's heights), and reduced size for war machines makes total sense to me. In fact, true-to-size figures would likely break the game completely, not to mention it would drive up the price for big boxes.

There's nothing real-scale about IA at all, 'cause that's not what the game is about. The figures and rules and maps are there to help tell Star Wars stories on your average kitchen table, leaving the supposed true-to-scale wargaming to Legion and others. For me, at least, it is immersive simulations before reality approximations every single time.

1 hour ago, angelman2 said:

Personally, I have no problem with the small-scale vehicles (and multi-space figures -- i.e. Jabba is WAY too small for scale) in IA. The game is about simulation anyway, with 2D representation of 3D maps and very short blaster ranges (when compared to figure's heights), and reduced size for war machines makes total sense to me. In fact, true-to-size figures would likely break the game completely, not to mention it would drive up the price for big boxes.

There's nothing real-scale about IA at all, 'cause that's not what the game is about. The figures and rules and maps are there to help tell Star Wars stories on your average kitchen table, leaving the supposed true-to-scale wargaming to Legion and others. For me, at least, it is immersive simulations before reality approximations every single time.

That's pretty fair. With anything, it's all about suspension of disbelief.