Maro with obscenes

By QuickWhit, in Runewars Tactics

I was marveling at how cheaply obscenes can get to a champion upgrade when I remembered that war crier is a thing. If you run Maro and bring a 2x1 of obscenes with war crier the blight that they get from forbidden lore of the shadow council are suddenly a good thing. You can march and throw blight, even into engaged units, without line of sight! Take that carrion lancers! (Range is only 1-3 but hey you get to move first).

When the blight is gone you still have a really good blocker for violent forces Maro. Throw the enemy unit back forcing it to disengage and netting it a panic token right before Maro shoots. You get the big damage Maro can put out and at least a severity 1 morale test.

I think I'm buying a box of obscenes and giving them a blight-green paint job...

6 hours ago, QuickWhit said:

I was marveling at how cheaply obscenes can get to a champion upgrade when I remembered that war crier is a thing. If you run Maro and bring a 2x1 of obscenes with war crier the blight that they get from forbidden lore of the shadow council are suddenly a good thing. You can march and throw blight, even into engaged units, without line of sight! Take that carrion lancers! (Range is only 1-3 but hey you get to move first).

When the blight is gone you still have a really good blocker for violent forces Maro. Throw the enemy unit back forcing it to disengage and netting it a panic token right before Maro shoots. You get the big damage Maro can put out and at least a severity 1 morale test.

I think I'm buying a box of obscenes and giving them a blight-green paint job...

That's a good idea. Every time I talk myself out of buying an out-of-faction unit, somebody reminds me of Maro! ?

I used a 2x2 of Spearmen to do this when Maro first came out. It was so clutch for setting up Carrion Lancers' mortal strikes. The most memorable was when the Spearmen used War Crier to give blight to Hawthorne, allowing my single-tray Carrion Lancer to take him out in a single attack, negating his Shield of Margath.