Tips on running a game with the CSA?

By Samuel Richard, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So even though I still garner alot of enjoyment from running a straight Empire vs Rebels AOR game, I have decided to try something new. My new online campaign will take place mostly in the Corperate Sector Authority, from the old han solo books. I'm structuring a plot around the PCs (a collection of rouges and rebels) racing an Imperial backed conniving CSA bureaucrat with ambitions of power and a unknown third party for a old CIS Mcguffin and then an ancient sith Mcguffin. I'm basically running a indiana jones esc adventure combined with the usual star wars stuff.

I have access to some old sourcebooks and the actual han solo book trilogy on its way via amazon. What I was wondering if any of ya'll have any tips or things I should know before really diving into the campaign about the Corperate Sector Authority?

It sounds like you're getting the materials you need for a good start. Keep in mind that almost any adventure idea not based on magic from the old Shadowrun line or just about anything from most other cyberpunk games will fit nicely into the Corporate Sector.

One other thing to consider is how to merge the information you're going to get in the Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook with more current stuff. For one thing, the CSA is something of a prison. While the CSA is loyal to the Empire, many Separatist war criminals from the Trade Federation, Commerce Guild, Corporate Alliance, Retail Caucus, Techno Union, and Banking Clan were given shelter in the Corporate Sector working for the CSA. These were recruited and handled in a manner similar to the real world Operation Paperclip .