It turns out Street Masters scratches the same itch as HoT

By TheWiseGuy, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Mmm ... how????? They seem to be two completely different games to me.

1 hour ago, tibia said:

Mmm ... how????? They seem to be two completely different games to me.

It has to do with the threat area. In Warhammer quest each person had their own minions to deal with who would usually only attack them. In Street masters it's similar just improved. The minions trigger whenever the player whose threat area they are in activates, but can attack other people.

Mmm ... so two games are "the same" because they share a similar mechanic? Maybe I am missing the point because my English is not so good ?

2 minutes ago, tibia said:

Mmm ... so two games are "the same" because they share a similar mechanic? Maybe I am missing the point because my English is not so good ?

Yah it might be hard to see I guess. Same designers. I only played Street masters because in an interview with Adam and Brady Sadler about Heroes of Terrinoth they said street masters was heavily inspired by Warhammer quest. I agree with them :)

Eh, Watching the game play video, I don't see it at all unless you mean the very basic "engaged" sort of mechanic. But I wouldn't say the games play similiarly at all simply because of that. Otherwise you could say every game is the same as every other one that shares one mechanic. The Street Masters has less in common with Warhammer Quest/Heroes of Terrinoth than you might think.

Edited by Wulfborn