Played Jabba's Realm - got smashed

By TheEldarGuy, in Legends of the Alliance

Played the game solo.

I took Biv, Gideon, Mak, and Diala.

In the first couple of missions, I activated the Heroes in the wrong order, which often left someone twisting in the wind, or in a position of near-uselessness.

Some heroes have actions and additional cards that can be exhausted at any time, I really need to keep that in mind. one classic example, Diala was going to rest and throw a Focus on someone, she started with 2 Strain, rested, then I decided to force throw a guy (could have done it before resting), then I decided to spend a strain to move into reach range (still could have done this before resting), and then spent 2 Strain to remove a defence die, to lay down some smack.

My take on the strategy is to manage your activations. By the end of it, I started to work out routines, which helped.

Unfortunately, I got smashed.

Totally wiped out.

The Freedom Fighter episode was a lot of learning, and some rules/interpretation mistakes were made. So I might revisit that before attempting this one again. Jabba's Realm seems to be up a level or two.

Yeah. You really want to know the heroes you play beforehand to "build" them to complement each other, and during missions identify the greatest threats and use the abilities "optimally". When I'm playing solo, a lot of time goes into figuring out the (potentially) best order to activate to take best advantage of all hero abilities and eliminate biggest threats, and have contingency plans in case something unexpected happens.

The hero composition is important, but not deciding, because the missions scale according to Fame. (Jabba's Realm might be better with the scaling.)

For your Diala example, why don't you just retcon the strain moves to before the rest? The app doesn't track strain anyway. I mean you are just playing to have fun not to be a jerk to yourself.

Honestly if I was playing as the Imperial player and one of my rebels did that I would just tell them to remove the 2 strain.

good ol Mr Abilities graced your session. (missed abilities)

Edited by Spidey NZ

Plus it seems that Diala never gets that Lightsaber.

I've heard others say that they let her pay 1000 for the Obi Wan pack Lightsaber at the 3rd XP spend.

I was wondering if she starts with one if there are only two Heroes being used, I'm sure I read that a Legends campaign with 2 Heroes, each receive a Reward Card.

7 hours ago, TheEldarGuy said:

I was wondering if she starts with one if there are only two Heroes being used, I'm sure I read that a Legends campaign with 2 Heroes, each receive a Reward Card.

Wait, what? No, they don't receive THEIR reward card, they do get A reward card: legendary. Same as in regular campaign play.

Edited by Eddie

In the app the heroes also get free equipment / armors from missions (whether playing with 2,3,or 4).

This was the first campaign play through my team actually lost. Now granted we were all trying out some of the less used heroes (Saska, Loku among them) and it was 2 am and we were drunk... but I found that finale to be really tough. Which is awesome since we've steam rolled all the other content.

im excited to try it again after we wrap up Lothal.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, FrogTrigger said:

This was the first campaign play through my team actually lost. Now granted we were all trying out some of the less used heroes (Saska, Loku among them) and it was 2 am and we were drunk... but I found that finale to be really tough. Which is awesome since we've steam rolled all the other content.

im excited to try it again after we wrap up Lothal.

I just finished a solo play through, and I got destroyed on the finale. Dice were certainly against me as Bossk rolled 3(!) block all with my heaviest hitter. But I thought it was very challenging even on normal difficulty.

I am not the best tactician, but I think my final tally said 7 missions won and 4 lost. How many missions does the app campaign have? I know I had a “draw” on one mission, lost the finale but won all the others. I know it isn’t 11 missions, so trying to figure out how it came to that number.

Overall, despite the finale - I really enjoyed it. For this solo play through I used Vassal, and it worked great. Hoping for more app content (and not giving up home for a rogue one box/blister)! :D

Remember that there are two finales in the Jabba's Realm app campaign. Yes, Storming the Palace is very hard, but there is no binary win/lose in it.

(7 won and 4 lost is certainly a bug, there are only 5 missions in the app campaigns.)

Two finales?

Do you just mean the choice to go after the Rancor and/or chase Jabba? Or is there two actually different missions? two play throughs I only got the one.

Also now that albert has helped me clear up the way we are playing the Imps, I think it would be a bit easier.

6 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Two finales?

Storming the Palace and Mutiny are the alternatives of the Jabba's Realm (app) campaign.

I'm pretty sure in the last encounter you have the choice to take the fight to Jabba to get Storming the Palace, or give yourselves up for Jabba in (futile) exchange of your loved ones for Mutiny.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Storming the Palace and Mutiny are the alternatives of the Jabba's Realm (app) campaign.

I'm pretty sure in the last encounter you have the choice to take the fight to Jabba to get Storming the Palace, or give yourselves up for Jabba in (futile) exchange of your loved ones for Mutiny.

Oh wow, I thought I had played all the of different missions, guess I will have to do another play through.