Anyone playing near Ithaca, NY

By frankalready, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Hi all - looking to join or start a group of folks playing in or near Ithaca, NY. Pretty new to the game and have kids, so can't travel super far and would love to play more casually or with a CC campaign or something. Mythic games in Elmira has been running some events and happy to support them if that's a good spot.

for those interested, looks like Mythic is starting up semi-regular sessions

Hey there; I have a small playgroup near Trumansburg, west of Ithaca. It's me and two other guys who play about 1-2 nights per week, with another couple guys who join in occasionally. As the chief investor in the fleet, I hold on to the ships (and collectively, we have 2-3 of everything in the game, including the squadron packs).

I know the guy who owns Mythic... I used to help them sort Magic cards back when they were primarily a card shop. Perhaps we should meet up there sometime?

@frankalready .

@Cpt ObVus

If you ever make it up to the Rochester area give me a shout. Millennium Games in Henrietta usually has space for play.

How many players are in your group at Millennium?

Hello Frank,

I live in Elmira, and work in Ithaca NY. I and two friends are starting to play. Played a total of 3 games so far :), but I know I will be looking at finding a group soon. Probably my two friends will as well. Like you, I have two kids, and basically only have every other weekend to play. Direct message me here and we can exchange contact info.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, Cpt ObVus said:

How many players are in your group at Millennium?

Sorry about the delay,

I am a solo player mostly. There is no organized group at Millennium. The store has a nicely stocked section for Armada and it sells well, so there are players around here. I've been thinking of maybe trying to build interest in a group after the SSD is released. Currently, the closest group to me is in Buffalo.

For those interested - we've got a group going at Great Escape Adventures in Ithaca, meeting every other Sunday for now. DM me for details if of interest.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, Cpt ObVus said:

Hey there; I have a small playgroup near Trumansburg, west of Ithaca. It's me and two other guys who play about 1-2 nights per week, with another couple guys who join in occasionally. As the chief investor in the fleet, I hold on to the ships (and collectively, we have 2-3 of everything in the game, including the squadron packs).

I know the guy who owns Mythic... I used to help them sort Magic cards back when they were primarily a card shop. Perhaps we should meet up there sometime?

Sorry for the slow response @Cpt ObVus , just seeing this. Would love to merge groups as the opportunity permits. Got a game going in Ithaca every other Sunday afternoon now