Expansion Pack Dream Figures

By Zeoinx, in Fallout

So with the new expansion, that X-01 is going to be a tempted figure to get, as well as the Combat Armor Sniper, I started wondering what other Fallout figures I personally would like to see, in a smaller booster pack form (Mainly for the figure).

Death Claw - Seriously, Who DOESNT want a death claw as an actual figure!

Sentry bot (Fallout 4 Style) - If they are adding a Mr. Handy, X-01, and Gattling Laser T-45, the Sentry Bot would be a solid addition to make a powerful impact, weather in game or on my shelf.

Elliott Tercorien (Fallout 3 Winterized Medic Armor) w/ R91 assault rifle - This would be a nice classic thing that could bring some Mothership Zeta stuff into the board game for the players, Adapted Biogel for healing , Zeta Aliens as enemies. all wrapped up with our fav medic! Honestly, I wouldnt mind a Zeta alien too, but if you add that it should go with a full size expansion based on Mothership Zeta.

How bout you guys, any figures you wanna see?

You should check out Fallout Wasteland Warfare. Some of the figures you mentioned are in that game.

I was hoping for some kind of merchant character and was very surprised to see we are getting one. Very glad to to see an ex-Enclave soldier.

I would love to see an Abbey of the Road Missionary whose out seeking powerful religious relics, maybe letting them once per game choose a powerful item, as well as they or another character being a doctor/paramedic and able to heal each nearby character if they give you a cap.

I hope they stay as far away from Mothership Zeta as possible. That was the least Fallouty thing in the history of Fallout.

Since all the figures so far are playable characters and I'd also like to see a Deathclaw, a natural course would be a partially robed deathclaw (Goris from F2, best companion :) ). But maybe that's too specific.

A tribesman, Sulik or Chosen One - style. Or a raider for that mater. The current selection of human characters is a little on the clean and positive side - let's see some of that wasteland grit.

15 hours ago, Kraemet said:

I hope they stay as far away from Mothership Zeta as possible. That was the least Fallouty thing in the history of Fallout.

Since all the figures so far are playable characters and I'd also like to see a Deathclaw, a natural course would be a partially robed deathclaw (Goris from F2, best companion :) ). But maybe that's too specific.

A tribesman, Sulik or Chosen One - style. Or a raider for that mater. The current selection of human characters is a little on the clean and positive side - let's see some of that wasteland grit.

I thought the zeta stuff played into the whole 50's paranoia fallout is based on pretty well personally.

Not bothered about particular new minis. The game simply needs more cards.

It also needs a replacement agenda system. Hopefully the coop scenario rules can be applied to all other scenarios, or go the other way and allow PvP.

The agenda system really is the worst aspect of the game. It doesn't help that they are also the win conditions. Wish they would come up with something different that could be used in all scenarios.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, TechnoGolem said:

The agenda system really is the worst aspect of the game. It doesn't help that they are also the win conditions. Wish they would come up with something different that could be used in all scenarios.

Yes this is true but since I don’t play this game to win but to explore the wasteland and have fun doing it the agenda/victory conditions don’t bother me. Also if you don’t pull agenda cards the game lasts longer because it takes longer to cycle through the deck.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:05 PM, Kraemet said:

Eh, not really. A crashed alien flying saucer with dead alien skeletons was one of the random encounters that happened while traveling on the world map in the original Fallout.

Fallout 2's special encounters were far more ridiculous, including a crashed Star Trek shuttle with a dead red shirt, multiple Monty Python references, and a herd of exploding brahmin that respawned infinitely.

1 hour ago, Aldaros said:

Eh, not really. A crashed alien flying saucer with dead alien skeletons was one of the random encounters that happened while traveling on the world map in the original Fallout.

Fallout 2's special encounters were far more ridiculous, including a crashed Star Trek shuttle with a dead red shirt, multiple Monty Python references, and a herd of exploding brahmin that respawned infinitely.

As with many thing that Bethesda didn't get quite right in F3, it's about the context. It's one thing to have a flying saucer or the Arthurian Knights as a tongue-in-cheek reference in a random encounter in a game that is full of silly things (Fallout 2 was exceedingly full of parody and jokes) and another to have an entire multiple-hour story DLC that takes itself seriously in a game with a completely straight face (Fallout 3 was much like Fallout 1 in its seriousness, while New Vegas had the Wild Wasteland trait as a nod to Fallout 2 - there, with that trait and more humor, Mothership Zeta would fit in much better).

The boardgame in question does not contain even trace amounts of silly jokes.

For me here is my wishlist of a New Vegas themed expansion:

-Desert Ranger: starts with ranger armor: 1 Armor, difficult terrain is treated as normal terrain; Endurance

-Gambler: starts with lucky coin item, can exhaust for a reroll, costs 1 cap to unexhaust; Luck

-Mercenary: contract item: when you kill an enemy, gain 1 cap; Perception

-Raider: starts as vilified, when an enemy is in your space, get 1 free Attack; Agility

-Synth: synth trait, gain an additonal Endurance reroll when applicable; starts with trench coat: 1 Armor, cannot be attacked from adjacent spaces; Endurance

Edited by Sharkey1337
On 10/17/2018 at 8:23 AM, Kraemet said:

The boardgame in question does not contain even trace amounts of silly jokes.

But the New Californian expansion does attempt to have a couple of jokes in it.

True, I recently played with the expansion, and, true to to promise, it references Fallout 2's sillier bits with random encounters with talking brahmin or the previously mentioned Arthurian Knights. That was nice and it worked well.