Extra Armor is legit!

By NeverBetTheFett, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I slapped some "extra armor" on some elite trandoshan hunters and treated them like melee attacks and had a blast. Yes they're still expensive at 5 points, but for what they do at close range, they're pretty good. The issue was that they often didn't last long enough to get in close enough.

Has anyone else had similar luck using this new sweet deployment card? I feel like it can help bring back some squishy figures. I'm going to see if it does any good for someone like Dengar. Another overcosted figure that melts.

4 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I slapped some "extra armor" on some elite trandoshan hunters and treated them like melee attacks and had a blast. Yes they're still expensive at 5 points, but for what they do at close range, they're pretty good. The issue was that they often didn't last long enough to get in close enough.

Has anyone else had similar luck using this new sweet deployment card? I feel like it can help bring back some squishy figures. I'm going to see if it does any good for someone like Dengar. Another overcosted figure that melts.

Extra armor doesn't hurt them at all, but i don't know if that's the best use of the blocks. At most, you're putting one block on them and hoping they survive 1 attack.

Lie in Ambush is going to help them get in the mix as much as anything. I'm still waiting to try that one out

1 hour ago, Fightwookies said:

Extra armor doesn't hurt them at all, but i don't know if that's the best use of the blocks. At most, you're putting one block on them and hoping they survive 1 attack.

Lie in Ambush is going to help them get in the mix as much as anything. I'm still waiting to try that one out

That's the next one on my list to try. I'll let you know how it goes. I think they'd be great for that as they need that extra turn to get into the opponent's end. Also, late in the game that strain could mean that they attack adjacent with a +3 damage!