Beginner Game question

By Doctor Stuff, in Realms of Terrinoth

After a long absence from RPGs I finally started looking into the Genesys system, Realms of Terrinoth specifically. I am wondering if there is any word or expectations if FFG will make a Beginner Game set like they have done with their Star Wars line?

I hope so as it looks like those are the perfect place to start with pre-gen characters, dice, tokens, maps, some of the rules, etc.

I know I can download some pre-gen characters and an adventure, but I want the whole package.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it would appear FFG won’t be making a beginner game for Genesys, at least probably not for Realms of Terrinoth. If they did plan on it they definitely would have released it with the RoT book. They have been publishing a lot of content for their new L5R system which would seem to be taking a lot of their resources, along with their continued support of the Star Wars system. The only other release that has even been hinted at is an Android setting book, perhaps they will have had enough people requesting a beginner box that they will change their mind, but don’t expect it before Christmas.

If you do want a cheap way into this system I would definitely recommend the PDF’s, then pick up 2 sets of dice. With the free adventure you mentioned there’s at least 2 sessions worth of gaming, with a bit of work it can easily be a 4-6 session adventure

I don’t really see a beginner box for Genesys, unfortunately. Since it’s touted as more of a toolkit to make games than an actual game, I don’t think we’ll see a beginner box.

Would love it if they made one, or even a GM Kit like they did for Star Wars.

It would be incredible if they made a kind of “choose your own adventure” for gm’s to follow. Basically all the way through the setup and during the adventure the gm gets to create elements or choose from a couple of preset options. Be a heck of a lot of work to get right, but it would be awesome

Well, if they don’t support Realms of Terrinoth with products like a Beginner Game, more source books, adventures, etc., I may have to pass on it. It all exists for the Star Wars line, so why not here?

I was hoping they would finally explore their own setting now that the licensing for Warhammer has left. From what I have researched I think I would like the Genesys system well enough. I don’t have the time for a scratch build or heavy conversion of other products into this world.

Maybe once the big push for L5R is done they will devote more resources to Terrinoth.

Thanks for the replies.