Will there ever be an expansion?

By Dogma79, in Android

Like the title:

Will there ever be an expansion??? aplauso.gif

I would love to see an expansion. The only potential hint of an expansion is in the official FAQ that makes reference to the the Chairman Hiro tokens:

Q: What are the Chairman Hiro tokens used for?
A: For now, nothing.

In all honesty, I'm not holding my breath for one to ever surface. Although my game group really enjoys this game, it didn't seem to garner the fan base of other FFG titles.

If an expansion does come, it will most likely take the form of new plots and additional twilight cards. Probably new murders as well.

Yeah, don't hold your breath. I don't think the game sold well enough to warrant an expansion.

On the other hand, I could totally see FFG and Kevin Wilson stubbornly pushing through and releasing one anyway despite the lack of sales.........or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

I would also like to see an expansion for Android.
If it is a lack of sales that might prevent FFG from making an add-on then they should see it as an opportunity iron out anything that they think might have hurt the sales. You can see by the forums that there is a lot of love for this game!

This game has been a favorite among my friends since the first game. Even if it was just a small expansion, adding a new plot for each investigator and some new murder scenarios, we'd be pretty happy.

I also really hope there will be an expansion. There are only enough plots for two games with the full number of players. This is an excellent game with many different angles and strategies of play. Even if they just posted some more plots online, that would be great.

Agreed, as it stands now the replay value of Android isnt that great- adding a mini x-pac with additional/alternate personal story-lines for each investigator, new cases and perhaps even a new investigator or two would really help with that.

I really hope they make an expantion.

Thing I would really love to see from an expansion or a second edition is:

- Alternative rules where you pay for dark cards using the target's twilight tracker instead of your own.

- A box at the same size but with lots of slots for counter and card control.

Oh yes, new plots for the characters would make a dream come true!

I think Kevin really loved this game, and that's why it is that great. I hope he finds the time to give us a bit more of it, no matter if as expansion or as download.

Android is the coolest game FFG ever released. I'd love to see more for it too; even if it's just download stuff.

Fizzletop said:

Agreed, as it stands now the replay value of Android isnt that great- adding a mini x-pac with additional/alternate personal story-lines for each investigator, new cases and perhaps even a new investigator or two would really help with that.

Gunjuro said:

Fizzletop said:

Brilliant idea about the new investigators. Maybe a cyborg, part man/part machine?

This is already covered (Rachel).

Doh, that's the one investigator our group hasn't used yet. I know she has the stigma of having the sharpest learning curve...

I love that this post keeps getting attention.
I really want FFG to see that we really really want an expansion for Android.

I don't think FFG realizes the potential of this game. It's already awesome they just have to get the word out and market it better.

And for those of us who already know. Yes, we're ready for more content :)

One thing I like about Android is its modularity. They can add to it easily by adding more characters & murders. A new board is more difficult. I'm not hoping much, but I'll be a very happy fan if FFG does make an expansion.

I never thought of a new board. Sure that would be VERY cool but I think new Detectives and Suspects is all that's really needed to make a really amazing expansion pack.

And maybe alternate rules for a style of play that does have an unknown but definitive murderer (guilty suspect) at the start of the game.
Now when I say this I want to stress that I don't think this would be better than what is currently in place but just something that will had more variety to the game. Because the way it is now is really excellent.
I can't even begin to imaine how this could be done with the current components... but I'm just throwing it out there for some talented designers to mull over :)

Hein99 said:

And maybe alternate rules for a style of play that does have an unknown but definitive murderer (guilty suspect) at the start of the game.
Now when I say this I want to stress that I don't think this would be better than what is currently in place but just something that will had more variety to the game. Because the way it is now is really excellent.
I can't even begin to imaine how this could be done with the current components... but I'm just throwing it out there for some talented designers to mull over :)

You called?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/53229/android-the-directors-cut-v3-0

lol!

Very interesting. I will definately try this out once I haven't the hang of vanilla Android.