Best Netrunner Expansions

By MistbornAlpaca, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I'm really disappointed by the death of Netrunner. I'm a new player that just got the Revised Core Set a couple months ago and I was really looking forward to getting more into it. With that said, I'm planning on buying a few expansions before they stop carrying in October. So here's my question. What expansions/data packs would you recommend getting? I'm looking to spend about $60, and I'm really looking to be able to create a lot of fun decks.

If you are on a limited budget and don't intend buying everything that came out, I personally feel the deluxe expansions would be the best choice. The 4 first ones were giving you focus on each faction with new ID's and expending significantly your deck-building and strategy options (as there are only 3 runner factions, the 4the deluxe expansion (Data and Destiny) gave you 3 mini faction on the runner side: Adam, Apex and Sunny, that got support on later releases and got some very unique mechanics). Finally the last deluxe expansion Reign and Reverie, is catering to everyone and is a small box full of boons for absolutely every faction. It's totally worth it if you can still get your hands on it.

If you have more budget after that, look for the Terminal Directive box, the cards are nice and the campaign brings some interesting take on the game.

When it comes to Datapacks, it's more complicated as it really depends on what build you want to focus on. The last cycle (Kitara) was really nice

Similar position to yourself so have gone for all the big boxes and am ignoring the data packs

I can't recall what it is called but the very first data pack released added a lot of agenda variety for the corps beyond what was in the core. I guess with all of the Deluxe expansions you'll get more agenda variety as well but, if you can find it, I think that data pack is also worth considering.

Those agendas were folded into the new Revised Core Set that OP has.

I don't know card names yet at all or what many of the terms mean. We will not be doing tournaments. Just casual play. So what exactly does "cycle out" mean? Just no longer tourney legal? Or never again ever in print? Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway

Edited by zoziano
On 11/5/2018 at 1:59 PM, zoziano said:

I don't know card names yet at all or what many of the terms mean. We will not be doing tournaments. Just casual play. So what exactly does "cycle out" mean? Just no longer tourney legal? Or never again ever in print?

Cycle out refers to tournament legal cards indeed. However, the last cycle (Kitara) has been designed with the fact in mind that the Genesys and Spinn cycle were no longer tournament legal and the interactions between cards from Kitara with the ones of these 2 first cycles were not play-tested. This is also the case for some cards included into the original core set (not the revised one). You might run into some issues if you mix them up