When is Dawn of Rebellion shipping again?

By kurido, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

When is the projected shipping date for the next batch of "Dawn of Rebellion" books?

Edited by kurido

Currently showing as "At the Printer" on the Upcoming webpage. Could be anywhere from a month from now till sometime after Christmas. Too many factors to really say for sure. Where in the process it is, how fast the printer can get it on a ship. How fast the ship gets to the US. About the only thing we can be certain on is once the status updates to "Shipping now" it usually takes 10 to 14 days to hit the stores.... But as this is a reprint, this last step is somewhat dependent on your FLGS actually ordering some (or having an order already placed).

So, to sum up, Soon™

At least it is "At the Printer", I'm still waiting for my February pre-order of "Fully Operational" that is in "awaiting reprint" status !

Anyone in the US want this now? I know a store with three copies on the shelf. PM me if you're interested.

This seems like the best place to ask: is this book useful for players, as well as GMs? I'm probably not gonna be able to buy more than two RPG books (one of which will definitely be the Mystic career book) over the next few months and I wanna make them count.

It has four species (all from Rogue One), six Universal specs (none of them really thrill me, but some people love them), some gear (including a blister rifle with Linked 1) and some ships. It's not my favorite book, but like all FFG books, there's a little something in there for everyone.

14 hours ago, Mindless Philosopher said:

This seems like the best place to ask: is this book useful for players, as well as GMs? I'm probably not gonna be able to buy more than two RPG books (one of which will definitely be the Mystic career book) over the next few months and I wanna make them count.

It does have a fair bit of player-related crunch, such as four new species, six new universal specs that can add more background elements to your PC or allow them to broaden their capabilities without necessarily going for out-of-career specs, as well as a selection of new weapons and vehicles. It also lists out a number of talents that aren't found in all four of the respective core rulebooks (which themselves are from the universal specs).

As for what players will get out of it... that can depend on the player. I've talked with some that found the book to be a goldmine of things to use, being very excited for the universal specs and coming up with various character concepts that make use of them or wanting to have their group pilot one or more of the new starships.

Best EotE legal starting ship (120K credits or less) in the game is in it, the kst-100 executive light transport. The padawan survivor spec is pretty awesome either as a way for an EotE or AoR character to convert to a jedi or for a jedi who seriously wants to trick out a lightsaber while not falling too far behind in combat ability, it's also got a talent on the bottom row (I think second from the left) that synergize crazy well with the ataru strikers saber swarm because it adds damage to an attack rather than just 1 hit in an attack. The retired clone trooper spec is totally badass, it does RAW require your character to be a humans Male but it technically doesn't require you to be a clone of jango fett or even a clone if you want to get rules lawyery. Force adherant (not force sensitive) is cool too, good for a matukai adept if you want to port one of those from a previous game. Totally worth buying. But I have all the books.