Attempt to make a list with Lando, Chewie and Han

By Cryptiks, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Hey guys,

So after taking a little break a from the game I decided to get back into it. The idea behind the list wqs to try and fit my three favourite characters :)

The idea was to try and make the list hard hitting and somewhat slippery and mobile, let me know what you guys think!

Chewie (Wookie Avenger) 11

Han(Rogue Smuggler) 10

Lando 6

Hera 4

Gideon (Diplomatic Mission) 4

Chopper 3

C-3P0 2

Heroic Effort 0

Command cards:

On the lamb 3

Debts repaid 3

I make my own luck 2

Tools for the job 2

Slippery target 2

Cheat to win 1

Smuggled supplies 1

Hit and Run 1

Element of surprise 0

Take initiative 0

Positioning advantage 0

Fleet footed 0

Planning 0

Self Defense 0

Urgency 0

Edited by Cryptiks

Chopper and Gideon are not suited for this kind of list since you need to draw as many cards as possible, as fast as possible.
Chewie, Han are already massive hitters and Lando can actually be a nasty support killer, so Chopper can easilly be replaced by Artoo to gain the CC extra value out of it (drawing On The Lam is better than shocking someone).
Another issue is the small number of activations (only 7) with the lacking of figures (smugglers) contending objectives, so i would strongly advise to replace attached gideon with 2 regular smugglers, this will rise the numbers of activations up to 8 (you will have more acts than imperial lists especially and Han benefits so much from it), besides the double focus strategy has lost a lot of value since Doubt came out, it's much better to just give one focus at a time to spend in the same round before being removed, so replacing Gideon will really do no harm (or way less harm than before) while 2 smugglers running for VPs are a great addition and give much more consistency to the list.
By having 8 activations then, I Make My Own Luck becomes way less important since you can easilly get the last activation during each round, so it can be replaced by another 2 cost card to bring out more efficency.
This is the list i managed to build for you, if you wish to give it a look and try it out in some games, i hope for it to be helpful!

http://tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/11023a813f3e0b0b95960000000000129d9e4fd677815d1c2b39d2dc1735

If you have any question about some choice of mine and wish to discuss about anything, from gameplay to timings to cards, i'm up for it!
EDIT: Updated List link.

Edited by erlucius90
43 minutes ago, erlucius90 said:

Chopper and Gideon are not suited for this kind of list since you need to draw as many cards as possible, as fast as possible.
Chewie, Han are already massive hitters and Lando can actually be a nasty support killer, so Chopper can easilly be replaced by Artoo to gain the CC extra value out of it (drawing On The Lam is better than shocking someone).
Another issue is the small number of activations (only 7) with the lacking of figures (smugglers) contending objectives, so i would strongly advise to replace attached gideon with 2 regular smugglers, this will rise the numbers of activations up to 8 (you will have more acts than imperial lists especially and Han benefits so much from it), besides the double focus strategy has lost a lot of value since Doubt came out, it's much better to just give one focus at a time to spend in the same round before being removed, so replacing Gideon will really do no harm (or way less harm than before) while 2 smugglers running for VPs are a great addition and give much more consistency to the list.
By having 8 activations then, I Make My Own Luck becomes way less important since you can easilly get the last activation during each round, so it can be replaced by another 2 cost card to bring out more efficency.
This is the list i managed to build for you, if you wish to give it a look and try it out in some games, i hope for it to be helpful!

http://tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/11023a813f3e0b0b95960000000000129d9e4fd677815d1c2b39d2dc1735

If you have any question about some choice of mine and wish to discuss about anything, from gameplay to timings to cards, i'm up for it!
EDIT: Updated List link.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed response! It was really nice having your list along with the explanation. Unfortunately I do not own all the command cards, negation being the one I've been trying to hunt down for a while and which I really need to get my hands on... So I replaced negation and stealth tactics with blitz and smuggled supplies (Alternatives are tough luck and hit and run). Also replaced rebel graffiti and officers training with positioning advantage and fleet footed (could also use hard to hit, disorient, or self defense). Any thoughts on those changes?

Regarding the strategy, I'm guessing the smugglers are used to contest objectives and run? Allowing debts repaid to possibly allow chewie to go again? Lando picking off supports all while trying to keep Han and Chewie from getting focused down?

Thanks again!

19 minutes ago, Cryptiks said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed response! It was really nice having your list along with the explanation. Unfortunately I do not own all the command cards, negation being the one I've been trying to hunt down for a while and which I really need to get my hands on... So I replaced negation and stealth tactics with blitz and smuggled supplies (Alternatives are tough luck and hit and run). Also replaced rebel graffiti and officers training with positioning advantage and fleet footed (could also use hard to hit, disorient, or self defense). Any thoughts on those changes?

Regarding the strategy, I'm guessing the smugglers are used to contest objectives and run? Allowing debts repaid to possibly allow chewie to go again? Lando picking off supports all while trying to keep Han and Chewie from getting focused down?

Thanks again!

Negation is (and always be i guess) a must have in all lists, so the sooner you can get it, the better.
Your attackers don't have many surges, plus the dice they roll have a high chance to roll 2 of them, so Blitz is redundant, if you have Pickpocket (very useful with the alliance smugglers to steal VPs from your opponent) you might play it instead, while Stealth Tactics was a very, very useful defensive tool for Han especially (if you can get it asap aswell it would be really powerful), therefore you might go for Brace for Impact if you have it (same aim, getting more defense which is always useful not to make one of your bigs die). As for Rebel Graffiti and Officer's Training, Positioning Advantage and Fleet Footed are generally good, so you can try them out!

Reguarding the strategy, this type of lists play passively, so don't run in the middle but get in key positions in order to be hidden or out of range from heavy hitters (IG and Vader mostly) while having the chance to gain LOS to the enemy figures without going out of position (move, attack, move back into position) while smugglers are objective runners (don't rush them aswell, they are expendable only if they score VPs first!)

33 minutes ago, erlucius90 said:

Negation is (and always be i guess) a must have in all lists, so the sooner you can get it, the better.
Your attackers don't have many surges, plus the dice they roll have a high chance to roll 2 of them, so Blitz is redundant, if you have Pickpocket (very useful with the alliance smugglers to steal VPs from your opponent) you might play it instead, while Stealth Tactics was a very, very useful defensive tool for Han especially (if you can get it asap aswell it would be really powerful), therefore you might go for Brace for Impact if you have it (same aim, getting more defense which is always useful not to make one of your bigs die). As for Rebel Graffiti and Officer's Training, Positioning Advantage and Fleet Footed are generally good, so you can try them out!

Reguarding the strategy, this type of lists play passively, so don't run in the middle but get in key positions in order to be hidden or out of range from heavy hitters (IG and Vader mostly) while having the chance to gain LOS to the enemy figures without going out of position (move, attack, move back into position) while smugglers are objective runners (don't rush them aswell, they are expendable only if they score VPs first!)

Awesome! I'll place in brace for impact and pickpocket until I get my hands on a negation. Really appreciate all the help, can't wait to try this list out :)

I like this list. Personally I'd put in Run for Cover versus Slippery Target and also Tough Luck versus Hit and Run. I love running Chewy as he gives you so many options. You do have to play him relatively carefully as he (and Han) can melt sometimes.

3 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I like this list. Personally I'd put in Run for Cover versus Slippery Target and also Tough Luck versus Hit and Run. I love running Chewy as he gives you so many options. You do have to play him relatively carefully as he (and Han) can melt sometimes.

Hit and Run is really good for Chewie. The extra movement really helps you max out the value from his Slam

I finalized the list, adding stealth tactics to my collection and trying to get a nicely rounded command card deck (aside missing negation, which I'll proxy in casual games). Thanks for all the advice guys, hopefully this looks good :)

Chewie  (  Wookie Avenger) 11

Han(Rogue Smuggler) 10

Lando 6

Hera 4

R2-D2 3

C-3P0 2  

A lliance Smuggler 2

Alliance Smuggler 2

Debts repaid 3

On the lamb 3

Tools for the job 2

Run for cover 2

Brace for impact 1

Stealth tactics 1

Cheat to win 1

Hit and run 1 (or negation when I can proxy)

Tough luck 1

Celebration 0

Element of surprise 0

Take initiative 0

Fleet footed 0 or positioning advantage 0

Planning 0

Urgency 0

Edited by Cryptiks

Whenever I play Chewie with fix I love to throw in this combo:

Attack, Wild Fury, Focused Attack, Free Slam, To The Limit, Attack

This way Chewie gets stunned and bleeding and opponent will likely try to score a kill because Debts Repaid is harmless. So when this happens I use Debts Repaid, I reactivate Chewie and then use Rally.

Cards that works well with this devastating combo are: Self-Defense (sometimes slam needs a little boost to score the kill), Hit and Run (before getting stunned and bleeding is nice to move in a safer space, or if you need to split 3 attacks and slam across multiple targets you can use this or other movement cards), Tool for the Job (anything that boost damage is great in this combo because it can potentially tear down Vader), Toxic Dart (you want to soften a strong opponent like Vader before attacking him 3 times in a row), Tough Luck, Element of Surprise.

I tried hard to have Lando in but I gave up. I believe that saving 1 point is crucial so Jyn is a better choice that synergizes with Han and 3PO:

Chewie+Fix

Han+Fix

Jyn

Hera

Gideon

R2

3PO

Alliance Smuggler

However this used to work decently in last meta. Now that we got ToL and wave 11, it's unlikely that you can tear down Vader with Chewie and anyway you have better choices in the rebel roaster for the purpose.

Edited by Golan Trevize