Building a Fokker DVI (pictures)

By Pour Le Merite, in Wings of War (WWI)

Fokker DVI is one of my favorite planes. You can actually easily make it with Wow planes, since they took the body of an Fokker DrI and mounted Fokker DVII wings unto it but you will have to waste 2 planes for that. Reveresco actually got it as a model but I either missed it when I made my large order to them last year or it is a new one. It was actually rather good plane but most of them was sent to the eastern front anyways, one of the reasons was that the Germans always had problem with those engines, mostly due to bad oil. Some pilot however liked them since you get an amazing ability to turn right on them.

So since I was getting SRAM models anyways I ordered 2 DVI. And I decided to share how to build it with you guys :D

First I painted the wings white and put on Revirescos Lozenge camouflage stickers. I also made a small pilot out of green stuff and painted the body green (it will get matt coating later to get exactly the right finish and some other final touches).

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Judas_photos/001.jpg .

I then glued on the lower wing.

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Judas_photos/003.jpg

After that it was time for the struts. They were not included and even if they would have been they would be to weak so I made some out of steel wire. I also noted that the blueprint missed some struts (I have a DVI made for my upcomming 1/72 project to compare and also a few pictures) so I added those too.

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Judas_photos/008.jpg (this picture got rather blurry since the sun had gone down and I need more light at home).

After that I fixed to upper wing and suddenly did my cameras batteries lost enough charge so I couldn't take any more pictures. Dang. Guess I have to do the rest work tomorrow. Oh, well. I still need to get lozenge cammo on the tail anyways.

So far doesn't it look that impressive but I think that it will look great once it is done. It is slightly harder to put together than a Skytrex or Reviresco model but not really that tough, hardest part so far was making the struts, each took a few minutes.

The model is done and I will give the paint a day to dry before putting on the decals. It looks really nice :)

I will post the rest of the pictures once everything is ready and the mat coat is on.

018.jpg?t=1270916640

So, pretty sweet and looking as it should. The biggest work was to build the struts from iron wire, and I had a little problem with some of the decals too.

Hi,

Where did you buy your SRAM WWI kits? I have been searching the web but no luck. Please write me at my email; [email protected]

Thanks,

Mr. JC Jones

propjockey53 said:

Hi,

Where did you buy your SRAM WWI kits? I have been searching the web but no luck. Please write me at my email; [email protected]

Thanks,

Mr. JC Jones

You got mail but I will post it here also if anyone else is interested:

The following sites have SRAM and other resin 1/144 in:

www.modelimex.com/aircraft-resin/1-144

www.wwishop.com/54-1-144

I had mine special imported by www.alfahobby.se/shop.zul (swedish model store.

SRAMs mail adress is [email protected]

Oh, and if anyone gets a plane made from someone else I would be glad for a small review.