Timing question - hidden vs Jyn's Peacemaker

By Mr Licorice, in Imperial Assault Campaign

My apologies if this has already been discussed, I could not find it in my searches.

A "hidden" unit attacks Jyn. When the attack resolves, Jyn can interrupt to perform an attack with Peacemaker. But Hidden condition is removed after the attack resolves.

My understanding is that both triggers are simultaneous (after the attack reslves), therefore the Imperial player decides the order. Therefore the Imperial unit can remain hidden while Jyn interrupts, and benefits from the -2 accuracy on that attack.

Page 2 of the RRG. If there are abilities with the same trigger, mission/core rules/abilities first, attacker abilities, then defender abilities.

1. Mission/core rules: Hidden is discarded first
2. If the attack has Hide and the target suffered damage, the attacker gains a new Hidden , and other after-attack-resolves abilities from the attacker
3. after-attack-resolves abilities from the defender, i.e. Peacemaker

The full story: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1631857/ability-resolution-order-during-attacks

Edited by a1bert
11 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Page 2 of the RRG. Mission/core rules/abilities first, attacker abilities, then defender abilities.

1. Mission/core rules: Hidden is discarded first
2. If the attack has Hide and the target suffered damage gains a new Hidden , and other after-attack-resolves abilities from the attacker
3. after-attack-resolves abilities from the defender, i.e. Peacemaker

The full story: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1631857/ability-resolution-order-during-attacks

This link is very helpful, thanks. It also answers the other question I had: if both attacker and defender have a reroll ability, the attacker rerolls first. Can't believe I missed all those details.

One more: what if the attacker has two different reroll abilities, for example a weekway with Nemeses. can the Imperial player perform the rerolls sequentially? i.e. reroll with the weekway's inherent ability, then decide whether or not to take another reroll with the nemeses card.

For multiple abilities of the "same controller" (and friendly to the figure) the controller chooses the order. I.e. you can reroll with Raider first, see the result, and reroll other dice with Punishing Force . (Each die can only be rerolled once per attack. If you choose a die that was already rerolled to be rerolled, nothing happens.)

I think with Weequays you would use Raider to reroll a dodge (and sometimes the evade+block side), and otherwise reroll dice with a single attack symbol, trying to save the use of Punishing Force for the other Weequay's attack.

I don't think you would have a case where you would want to use Punishing Force before Raider or Squad Training, but you can choose to perform them in that order too.

Edited by a1bert
6 hours ago, Mr Licorice said:

This link is very helpful, thanks. It also answers the other question I had: if both attacker and defender have a reroll ability, the attacker rerolls first. Can't believe I missed all those details.

One more: what if the attacker has two different reroll abilities, for example a weekway with Nemeses. can the Imperial player perform the rerolls sequentially? i.e. reroll with the weekway's inherent ability, then decide whether or not to take another reroll with the nemeses card.

as long as they came from separate abilities, yes

for eRangers you must choose to reroll 0, 1 or 2. You cannot reroll 1, see the result, then decide to reroll the other

for HK droids since both came from attacker's ability, the HK droid's player choose the order to activate the abilities