Flightmaster's Lore project "Warden of Death"

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Hey everyone,

Big week this week with 2 articles! But we still don't have a lot of lore to dig into other than the RPG book. Well I've decided to do something about that. I wrote a short story for our website and I'd like to share it with you.

This is intended to be for your entertainment and enjoyment. It is an actual short story (almost 6000 words) with fully developed plot and characters. It is not a dramatization of a game. It is not canonical lore.

I do have an ulterior motive in doing this. I would like everyone to read it, and when you're done please 'like' the page and leave a comment. You don't have to gush about how you loved it if you didn't, but please even if you don't like it leave a comment saying something like: "Man I wish FFG would do this with their writing staff". My ulterior motive is to a)practice my writing skills and b) try and push FFG to give us short stories like this one on a regular basis.

Again please like and comment on the site! And please enjoy!!

https://runecasters.net/2018/09/20/the-warden-of-death/

Edited by flightmaster101

Just read it and I'll just say WOW.

Great story, love how you brought it full circle. I like how you gave the leonx a more direct form of communication with the elves rather than treating it like a pet. This story makes me wish ffg would publish novels set in Terrinoth. Of course I would have to stop painting to find time to read one. Again, great story hope you do more.

59 minutes ago, Darkjawa said:

Great story, love how you brought it full circle. I like how you gave the leonx a more direct form of communication with the elves rather than treating it like a pet. This story makes me wish ffg would publish novels set in Terrinoth. Of course I would have to stop painting to find time to read one. Again, great story hope you do more.

Audio books, best of both worlds.... ;)

2 hours ago, Darkjawa said:

Great story, love how you brought it full circle. I like how you gave the leonx a more direct form of communication with the elves rather than treating it like  a pet. This  story makes me wish ffg would publish novels set in Terrinoth. Of course I would have to stop painting to find time to read one. Again, great story hope you do more.

Thanks!

I read in the RPG book about Leonx having "direct communication", but they didnt specify how. I thought telepathy would be less interesting than if they were a sentient partner.

I appreciate the support! I have one more in the works and more will depend on the reception. I hope to prove to FFG people want to do this, so share and generate likes so we can tell FFG people want this!

Nice work. I appreciate the time you took putting it together -- there are several word choice/spelling issues in it (repost vs. riposte, for instance), but I don't know if English is your first language, so I don't want to be picky. Overall, really nice job. It was entertaining, and could easily be expanded into a novella.

28 minutes ago, Eldrast said:

Nice work. I appreciate the time you took putting it together -- there are several word choice/spelling issues in it (repost vs. riposte, for instance), but I do  n't know if English is your first language, so I don't want to be picky. Overall, really nice job. It was entertaining, and could easily be expanded into  a novella.

Thanks. If you're up for it feel free to PM me those corrections. English may be my first language, but I'm not a professional and I don't have a lot of editing support. And editing a 6k word story is not as easy a task as one would think!

So good! You really know Terrinoth well and it shows!

I haven't had a chance to dig into this yet. I look forward to it though.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:13 PM, Budgernaut said:

So good! You really know Terrinoth well and it shows!

Thanks! Dont forget to leave some comments on the site!

7 minutes ago, Aetheriac said:

I haven't had a chance to dig into this yet. I look forward to it though.

Cant wait to hear what you think!