Rules question - Reclamation from Bespin Gambit

By Mr Licorice, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I could't find any discussion about this subject. Playing Reclamation next as a side mission, and I am a bit confused about a certain thing:

A minimum of 1 accuracy is needed to hit the cameras with a melee weapon. All attacks get -3 accuracy.

1. Does it mean that in order to hit the camera, a melee user has to obtain at least 4 range accuracy?

2. How does this interact with cleave and splash damage? Would a melee user be able to attack an adjacent unit, then cleave a camera? Or do they need the 4 range in order to apply the cleave?

Thanks.

I don’t have the mission in front of me, but based on your wording:

1) yes

2) cleave and blast are not attacks so they are unaffected by accuracy requirements.

1.Yes. All attacks require the accuracy and have the penalty also melee, so you would be better off with the interact with attribute test.

2.Yes, if the hostile figures are dumb enough.

6 hours ago, a1bert said:

2.Yes, if the hostile figures are dumb enough.

yeaaaa.... Tell them that when there is a Shyla around. 4 spaces away? nooo problem. Whip , then cleave 5.

But yeah all pretty much as I figured, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Edited by Mr Licorice
On 9/19/2018 at 9:46 PM, Uninvited Guest said:

2) cleave and blast are not attacks so they are unaffected by accuracy requirements.

On further though, I will have to disagree. From the official FAQ: a target from a cleave ranged attack must be within LOS AND accuracy range. It makes perfect sense that in the context where accuracy is required for a melee attack (the camera is probably a small target near the ceiling) then the cleave must have the same accuracy requirement as a ranged attack. You are still trying to hit a small, hard to reach, target.

Now blast is a complete different story. Blast affects the entire area (all the squares around the target), therefore blast does apply as usual, if the imperial unit is dumb enough to stay adjacent to the camera ;)

1 hour ago, Mr Licorice said:

On further though, I will have to disagree. From the official FAQ: a target from a cleave ranged attack must be within LOS AND accuracy range. It makes perfect sense that in the context where accuracy is required for a melee attack (the camera is probably a small target near the ceiling) then the cleave must have the same accuracy requirement as a ranged attack. You are still trying to hit a small, hard to reach, target.

Actually the rules state that the target of a cleave is another eligible target.

As you said, the rule you mentioned are very specifically states that is for ranged attacks. Melee attacks don’t become ranged attacks just because the they gain an accuracy requirement.

Cleave on a melee attack doesn't need accuracy, there is no Check Accuracy step for Cleave.

(For a ranged Cleave the accuracy is used to determine the validity of the target for Cleave, it does not add an accuracy check. For example Hidden (on the Cleave target) doesn't affect ranged Cleave.)

Edited by a1bert