verifications on card(s)

By bReAk3, in Anima: The Card Game

Noht : Noht's Cobat ability is equal to the combat ability of the party its facing."

Noht's ability is equal to the total amount of combat its facing.

my question is that does Noht's effect also applies to the plot cards the team has that boosts their attack such as Varja, or Leading role making her EQUAL to the TOTAL combat of the team it faces, or is it just the total combat itself of each character, excluding the plot cards.

and also for Lucanor, his ability allows him to bypass any negative effects from cards, creature, and character ability, so would it also work towards when killing a character occurs? im sure his ability shouldnt apply when it loses from regular combat due to fighting. but if, Lucanor is able to die due to showdown, he should also be able to die due to character cards as well? however, the Dragon God has an ability to kill two characters, meaning its a negative effect, so would Lucanor die from it?

addionally towards Lucanor's question from above, does betrayel also have an effect towards him as well? technically its not a negative card from its text reading; thus, its effect should just be normal and is applied naturally.

one last question:

when the "CURSE" card is applied and stayed on the field, can you remove it from a card that says "remove an Encounter Card".

the question i have is just that if the "CURSE" card is already in play and applied, can you play that card that allows your to "remove an encounter card" and remove it? since its an encounter card originally, will it still work when its already in play? additionally, for sure you can play the card that allows you rto remove an encounter card when the curse card is drawn from the encounter deck correct?

it would be a great help to know about this. =] thx

break said:

Noht : Noht's Cobat ability is equal to the combat ability of the party its facing."

Noht's ability is equal to the total amount of combat its facing.

my question is that does Noht's effect also applies to the plot cards the team has that boosts their attack such as Varja, or Leading role making her EQUAL to the TOTAL combat of the team it faces, or is it just the total combat itself of each character, excluding the plot cards.

Since it says "total combat ability", I've always used it to mean "plus goodies". So it's about who gets lucky with the die (or about cards that let you roll more than 1 die).

break said:

and also for Lucanor, his ability allows him to bypass any negative effects from cards, creature, and character ability, so would it also work towards when killing a character occurs? im sure his ability shouldnt apply when it loses from regular combat due to fighting. but if, Lucanor is able to die due to showdown, he should also be able to die due to character cards as well? however, the Dragon God has an ability to kill two characters, meaning its a negative effect, so would Lucanor die from it?

addionally towards Lucanor's question from above, does betrayel also have an effect towards him as well? technically its not a negative card from its text reading; thus, its effect should just be normal and is applied naturally.

Lucanor's ability applies to negative effects that are TARGETED. That is, ole good Lucanor cannot be target of such filth and thus is unaffected. It doesn't work for him with Dragon God or Cursed Tree (thrice accursed broken card) because YOU, the PLAYER who dies, it's not part of any effect aimed at him (other than your poor choice of corpses gui%C3%B1o.gif ). The same happens when Lucanor dies because he is the only one fighting: it's not an effect, it's just the Combat rules.

I'm not sure about Betrayal, though. I'll be back at ya! gui%C3%B1o.gif

break said:

one last question:

when the "CURSE" card is applied and stayed on the field, can you remove it from a card that says "remove an Encounter Card".

the question i have is just that if the "CURSE" card is already in play and applied, can you play that card that allows your to "remove an encounter card" and remove it? since its an encounter card originally, will it still work when its already in play? additionally, for sure you can play the card that allows you rto remove an encounter card when the curse card is drawn from the encounter deck correct?

it would be a great help to know about this. =] thx

When Curse (damned *****) is in play, it is no longer an encounter (encounter: what you get when exploring) so it cannot be removed by Divine Intervention or such advantages. The same goes for Blessing.

Hope it's been helpful!! gran_risa.gif