my archetypes

By goobahead1, in Rules Questions

speed hunter

Brawn 2 - agility 3 - intellect 1 - cunning 2 - willpower 1 - presence 3

• Starting wound threshold: 10 + brawn

• Starting strain threshold: 6 + willpower

• Starting skills: a “speed hunter” starts with one rank in athletics during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase athletics above rank 2 during character creation.

• Fleet Footed: whenever you perform a skill check you may spend :advantage: :advantage: to perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the limit of 2 maneuvers per turn. In addition once per round on an opponent's turn you may spend :threat: :threat: to perform one maneuver as an out-of-turn incidental.

Starting total 85

Background - this archetype is based on the gourmet hunters that use their speed and agility to engage in combat with the vicious food beasts of the “toriko” setting.

---

Power hunter

Brawn 3 - agility 2 - intellect 1 - cunning 2 - willpower 1 - presence 3

• Starting wound threshold: 12 + brawn

• Starting strain threshold: 8 + willpower

• Starting skills: a “power hunter” starts with one rank in athletics and brawl during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase athletics and brawl above rank 2 during character creation.

• Tough as nails: once per session, your character may spend a story point as an out-of-turn incidental immediately after suffering a critical injury and determining the result. If they do so the result rolled as “01”

Starting total 90xp

Background - this archetype is based on the gourmet hunters that use their strength and power to engage in combat with the vicious food beasts of the “toriko” setting.

---

Intellect hunter

Brawn 1 - agility 2 - intellect 3 - cunning 2 - willpower 1 - presence 3

• Starting wound threshold: 8 + brawn

• Starting strain threshold: 4 + willpower

• Starting skills: a “intellect hunter” starts with one rank in knowledge and perception during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase knowledge and perception above rank 2 during character creation.

Starting total 90xp

Background - this archetype is based on the gourmet hunters that use their intellect and cunning to engage in combat with the vicious food beasts of the “toriko” setting.

how do these 3 archetypes look? whats an ability my intellect hunter could use?

Edited by goobahead1

They look okay for the most part. The only thing that confused me was the Fleet Footed ability. Those are already ways you can spend advantage and threat in base Genesys. Unless you've removed it from everyone else.

Fleet-Footed was just incorrectly copied. It's supposed to be one advantage and one threat.

One question.

Why such a low strain threshold on the intellect hunter? They will be unconscious most situations with 1 bad roll.

Have you compared these to other archetype examples in the book?

so the below is the template for my beast tamer archetype. what talent/skill do i give them to represent taming/breeding/capturing beasts? how would i make these talents/skills if i need to make them and would making being a beast tamer a career be better?

---

Beast tamer

Brawn 1 - agility 2 - intellect 1 - cunning 3 - willpower 2 - presence 3

• Starting wound threshold: 10 + brawn

• Starting strain threshold: 10 + willpower

• Starting skills: a “beast tamer” starts with one rank in ? and ? during character creation. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and may not increase ? and ? above rank 2 during character creation.

Starting total 100xp

Background - this archetype is based on the gourmet hunters that use their willpower and training to tame the vicious food beasts of the “toriko” setting.

Edited by goobahead1

Survival is the skill for a Beast Hunter An ability for them could focus on killing animals:

Bring it Down: once per session, when inflicting a Critical injury on a beast, spend a Story Point to add 10 to the Critical injury roll per rank you have in Survival.

The Star Wars supplement "Stay on Target" has a lot of beast themed Talents that can (and have) be converted to Genesys. Also you could give them the tier 3 "Animal Companion" talent for Beast Tamer to represent a beast they've already tamed.