"Errata" in Dodge action example

By Killyou, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/6547.page#131429

Judging by the 2.0 errata file and the thread of the previous URL, I think the old full auto burst errata is still lingering in the second example on page 193.

As it is, the mutant scored 3 degrees of success, so theoretically he should have inflicted 3 more hits for a total of 4 hits. And Father Horst's Dodge roll, with only 2 degrees of success, would have avoided only 2 of these extra hits, so all in all our poor clericsman has suffered 2 hits, and not avoided all the damage as the example reads.

Can anyone please confirm this point? Would it be right if I changed the "full auto burst" in this example with "semi auto burst"? That way it would read correctly, wouldn't it? I just need to be clear in this one, I'm doing a translation and don't wanna confuse Spanish readers. 283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

No, you're right.

Changes were made to the FFG printing of Dark Heresy but not, it seems, to the examples sidebars. Some of them even read "...check out our website at www.blackindustries.com for more information..." and the like, which I found kind of funny.

If you changed the example so that the mutant was using semi-auto, then yes it would work as it reads originally.

Thanks a lot, that's what I thought! gran_risa.gif

As it is, the mutant scored 3 degrees of success, so theoretically he should have inflicted 3 more hits for a total of 4 hits. And Father Horst's Dodge roll, with only 2 degrees of success, would have avoided only 2 of these extra hits, so all in all our poor clericsman has suffered 2 hits, and not avoided all the damage as the example reads.

I don't have my books with me, so I might be way off, but wouldn't he dodge three hits with two degrees of success on his Dodge roll?

Slaunyeh said:

Killyou said:

I don't have my books with me, so I might be way off, but wouldn't he dodge three hits with two degrees of success on his Dodge roll?

Crap, I think you're right... 2 degrees of success in the Dodge roll plus the basic one for succeeding make 3 hits avoided and not 2... I gave the extra hit to the mutant but not to the priest... guess I err on the side of Chaos. preocupado.gif

I'll rewrite the example anyway to make it read correctly. Thanks for your keen eye, Slaunyeh! gui%C3%B1o.gif

The dodge mechanics brings up something interesting, to dodge automatic fire you must in essence succeed with more than the shooter while a single shot is dodged if you succeed at all, no matter how high the shooters margin and no matter how close your dodge roll was... Does anyone but me find that somewhat annoying?

Graspar said:

The dodge mechanics brings up something interesting, to dodge automatic fire you must in essence succeed with more than the shooter while a single shot is dodged if you succeed at all, no matter how high the shooters margin and no matter how close your dodge roll was... Does anyone but me find that somewhat annoying?

I have felt that was annoying since DH first came out. Theres been a few critical situations where I hit with a few degrees of success and the enemy barely succeeds on his dodge, yet I still don't hit. I've always thought that if you're making contested rolls (which is what dodging/parrying is) that it isn't merely a pass/fail situation. So far my GM hasn't agreed with me so we're waiting for this to be errata'd

I guess this is just another way in which autofire is overpowered... I agree, though. It should be fixed in the errata.