2.0 edition mistakes all over.....or not....

By Brednul, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

So today I was going to my favorite store to buy X-Wing. 2.0. I planed to buy a core box and two conversion kit (empire and Rebels). But what a surprise that it should’nt be enough to play 2.0 with my little collection of fighters...( I count the numbers of ships on the back of the conversion kit and I have less ships than that).

But:

- Only 4 Shields tokens with one core box and 2 convention kits... I can’t even play with juste the millenium falcon how needs 5 of these...

- If it said on the box 4 tie fighters, I don’t have the upgrade cards that is in 4 boxes of tie fighters...

- Far too few other tokens to play some squads in the conversion kit.

- Some of the named ships are printed on the same base on both side...

Thank’s to a cutomer who's been hooked and can’t even play with all the new stuff out of the conversion kit...

So I leave the store without anything from FFG X-wing’s game. And I wonder why did they do like that? Is it realy a mistake? I don’t think so. It’s perfectly calculated to buy and buy more stuff that older players do not need, to go in 2.0. But I think it would have been fair to let the older gamers of X-wings just have enough in one core box and one conversion kit to play his faction.

No 2.0 for me for now...

Sorry about my (poor) english...

Edited by Brednul

Old shield tokens should be fine in casual games. Maybe put a small red sticker on the back of them so they can be turned over instead of taken away. Not sure how viable this will be for tournaments though.

The only named ships which are the same on both sides, are the very new ones - Norra Wexley Y Wing, Thane Kyrell X-Wing, and so on.

I agree that the lack of certain tokens (Evade especially) is annoying - but the old ones still exist and could be used.

I took a red marker to the back of the old shield tokens. I think they assumed you would use your old ones, since they are not in the play area, it doesn't really matter what you use.

Hi, I am new and I have just started to play with x-wing 2.0 core set. I like it but when I bought 3 expansion (Tie advanced, A4 Y, T65) I couldn't find focus tokens there. So I have now 4 focus tokens by the core set but I have already 6 ships and in the last game we runed out of focus tokens. I'm a little bit upset because this not a cheap game and I have not idea how could miss needful tokens from expansions?

Edited by mrakos