Problems with motorcycle minis fixed?

By zwobot, in Moto Grand Prix

Will the motorcycle minis in this game be more robust that they were in the issue i played on the fair in essen? There the minis were broken after just one day and the variable connection to lean the minis into curves was that loose, it couldnt stand up staight.

oh no! I hope this isn't going to be game issue. Do you think the stand issue could have due to the abusive nature of having tens or hundreds of people fiddling with the motorcycle game pieces at this convention?

sad.gif

The bikes at Essen were pre-production samples, not the finished (and released) product.

- Jeremy @ FFG

But since the game was ready to sell all the way back at GenCon, I don't understand why it hasn't yet been released. Will it ever be released? There should be something posted on that game's page by now.

FFG's components are usually top-notch, I wouldn't worry about the quality of any demo I play!

rickert said:

But since the game was ready to sell all the way back at GenCon, I don't understand why it hasn't yet been released. Will it ever be released? There should be something posted on that game's page by now.

Early production copies were ready for GenCon. After that, Nexus showed the game at Essen, then printed and shipped it. It will be released and start appearing on US store shelves on Friday the 2nd.

- Jeremy @ FFG

433 said:

rickert said:

Early production copies were ready for GenCon. After that, Nexus showed the game at Essen, then printed and shipped it. It will be released and start appearing on US store shelves on Friday the 2nd.

- Jeremy @ FFG

Thanks for the dis Jeremy. I've been asking about the release date since the first thread in this forum and for some reason, you've avoided the thread this whole time. I actually found out from my OGS before i found out from FFG. awesome! I like being made felt like I'm invisible.

I'm sorry that you feel that we were ignoring you. However, we generally are not hanging out on the forums, and can easily miss a question. If you ever have a question that you would like a quick answer to, please use the "Contact" link at the bottom of the page.

As soon as we got the shipment from Nexus (Nexus produced the game, we are the English-language distributor), we shipped it out and announced it. We had no concrete information on it.

We're still working on the Upcoming page, which should be up within a few weeks, which will have the most up-to-date info on release dates for games.

- Jeremy @ FFG

I could do with a few more bikes. Either as spares (because, let's face it, the pieces are rigid plastic, and a little too much enthusiasm could potentially bring some to grief), or as bikes I'd like to paint up in individual colour schemes.

On the side, although it's a simple game (we went straight to the Expert Rules in our first session), it's perfect to include people who shy away from the violent themes of other games. My non-gaming sister-in-law had a ball and wants to play it again.