Line of Sight Calculator thread

By Sarge144, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

On 12/1/2018 at 1:41 PM, R2DGon said:

Hi! I found a legal spot in the aftermath map which isn't shown as so in the line of sight calculator. Note this also happens with the two spaces just on the right (and a missing condition with the space on the left).

canvas.png

There was indeed an issue with the update  to check for walls in between line of sight for our 2 corners. I've update the code and now the two issues are fixed. However, I can still see a bug form the first reported issue.

The method I'm using calculating going between points is off. The top left corner of the attacker should be able to go through the corner just above and right the console, but there is a bug. I'll start looking into this.

Thank you for bringing up this issue!

Aftermath.png.2156b21d75926c7892c975a86a7ffe33.png

Edited by Sarge144
On 1/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Nitro33 said:

Hi. Think I found another strange illegal Los here. If defender goes 1 space down the Los is ok. Imho the attacker sees the left corners. If it can help improving. Your app became my "tool for the job" ;)

20190104_233322.jpg

You are correct. There should be line of sight between the bottom right corner of the attacker and the left side of the defender. There was indeed an issue with the update  to check for walls in between line of sight for our 2 corners. I've update the code and now this issue is fixed.
Lothal_Wastes.png.09cbf6dd8655891b10f282a4eed49a6d.png
Thanks again for reporting this issue!

Very happy to announce that I've added the ability to rotate any map! This means players can orient the site to the playing area in front of them instead of vice-versa.

In order to rotate the map you can use the curved arrows at the top right of the map.

I added a button to place the attacker and defender in the same square. And now selecting this will also turn on the 2 LOS checkboxes - there would be no need to select this otherwise 🙂

Edited by Sarge144

This was awesome! Def gonna use this as needed. Thanks a lot!

Hey Sarge,

Would it be possible to make an Exterior/Interior overlay button. I know it doesn't have to do with LOS, but on some of the tiles it's not super obvious what is ext and what is int.

New player requested to have Tutorial map added for new players. His point was most players will start with the Tutorial map, so it's a terrific idea to add it!

Wow! Not sure how I missed this. Very well done. Thank you. I love IA because I love all the people willing to put their time and energy into making a more enjoyable product for everyone else.

Added the following (not really) recent skirmish maps:
Devaron Garrison
Imperial Tower
Jabba's Palace
Lothal Battlefront
Lothal Spaceport

These can now be found in the line of sight app https://nick-hansen.github.io/ia-los/

I have found a bug with two of the maps - when an attacker fires from left to right through a vertical solid red line on Imperial Tower and Lothal Spaceport they are able to see one extra space through it. I'm aware of the issue and I'll work to fix it. Please let me know if you find any other issues :)

Edited by Sarge144

Added these maps today:

• Hangar Bay
  • ISB Training Grounds
  • Kashyyyk Station
  • Lothal Safehouse
  • Nal Hutta Swamps
  • The Dune Sea
  • The Pit of Carkoon
  • Wasskah Hunting Ground

This should get us everything back to Bespin Gambit. Still about 20 Skirmish maps to go but I'm not in as big a rush to get those in.

Added skirmish maps between Twin Shadows and Bespin Gambit

Maps added:

• Echo Base
  • Hoth Battle Station
  • Hoth Weather Shelter
  • Imperial Command Hub
  • Imperial Space Station
  • Mos Eisley Cantina
  • Nelvaanian Warzone
  • Sewers of Nar Shaddaa
  • Training Ground
  • Tython Meditation Field
  • Wasteland Outpost

Only skirmish maps left are Core Set and Wave 1. I decided to work my way backwards so the more recent maps are available. Next checkin will probably be all of wave 1.

Edited by Sarge144

Wave 1 maps have been added and the issue found on Imperial Tower and Lothal Spaceport has been fixed.

All 2 player skirmish maps have been added to the line of sight app!

Edited by Sarge144