New to Runewars - Here are my first 3 minis!

By Kookanoodles, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

I love the ghost horse, and the Daqan knight really pops! Nice work!

3 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

I love the ghost horse, and the Daqan knight really pops! Nice work!

Thanks a bunch!

Hello everybody,

I don't know what state this forum has been in with the game being dead for good and everything, but I've been (extremely slowly) working through my pile of unpainted Runewars minis, to which I had the terrible idea to add the Latari Elves starter box before I'd finished painting my Daqan and Waiqar!

Anyway, I was a bit sick of painting green with my ghostly Waiqar so I went with a yellow scheme for my Latari, with jade details and brown skin. Here is the first test miniature I've done so far. This is my first mini using Games Workshop contrast paints: the yellow fabric is Nazdreg Yellow, the jade elements are Aethermatic Blue, and the skin is Cygor Brown (all over Wraithbone base).

For the rest of the army I will probably do fewer jade elements, they are kind of a pain.

Hope you like it !

pJ8J2vA.jpg

lwW9KIq.jpg

Really cool and peculiar color scheme! I like it!

Any reason why you didn't make a desert base?

By the way many people moved here: https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/205907/runewars-miniatures-game

12 minutes ago, swarmer said:

Really cool and peculiar color scheme! I like it!

Any reason why you didn't make a desert base?

Mostly because I didn't want to buy new basing materials! But I'm envisioning them more as a sort of jungle, South-East Asia inspired army rather than desert-themed. I will paint the Leonx as tigers, for instance.

The color scheme is very interesting. I actually like the Jade, it gives a nice point of contrast. Perhaps these are “Dark Latari” or something. An ancient race?

Nice highlighting on various parts of the uniform and the base is also a nice contrast with the rest of the figure

Oooooh i can't wait to see the tiger leonx!