Where is the 2.0 FFG list builder?

By angrymike, in X-Wing Squad Builder

I thought the 2.0 selling point was that the game would be supported by an FFG official list builder? Where is it?

The FFG official list builder is scheduled to be released September 13th, along with the official release of the rest of 2.0. I'd hoped that it would be released sooner, but it doesn't look like that's the plan. :(

It all seems a little too last min.

From experience in the IT industry any app you plan a release day for will be ready 2-7 days after the planned release date usually because it falls over as its overloaded on release date because you just can't stress test it enough till the public get there hands on it

So, I heard from a retailer in Germany that they attended a presentation by Asmodee where there was a live demo of the builder in German two weeks ago, so the release date doesn't seem unrealistic, even internationally. How it will work out initially...well let's just say I'm very much glad about YASB 2.0 and doubtful FFG will beat it out for me.

If you need an app in the meantime, I have been loving the Launchbay Next app (there was one for 1.0, so make sure to get that one for 2.0). I like the interface and it's a very clean system. Depending on how the FFG builder works, if it's more clunky than I may just stick to Launchbay and plug my list into the FFG builder for tournaments.

Best,

On 9/12/2018 at 2:12 PM, Admiral Deathrain said:

So, I heard from a retailer in Germany that they attended a presentation by Asmodee where there was a live demo of the builder in German two weeks ago, so the release date doesn't seem unrealistic, even internationally. How it will work out initially...well let's just say I'm very much glad about YASB 2.0 and doubtful FFG will beat it out for me.

Yup just seen the Web app and its pants needed an earlier release to get it ready