Spectre Cell and concurrent interrupts?

By Trevize84, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

It's pretty clear to me that SC last ability is triggered "during a friendly figure's activation". Because this is the only trigger I expect all the following text is performed at the same moment. In other words "gains 2 movement points" (which ends up into an interrupt) and "interrupt to perform an attack" happens at the same time and they are interrupting the same action. If this is correct I believe the player currently resolving the activation can decide to move 2 and attack or alternatively attack and then move 2. The player can't choose to move 1 attack and move 1. Is this a correct interpretation?

Edited by Golan Trevize

I think all movement points gained outside a figure's activation (so whoever Specter Cell is exhausted for isn't currently activating) must be spent right away or be forfeit - you either move up to 2 and attack or you just attack and stay put ?

You definitely cannot do move 1, attack, move 1.

So you can’t attack and then move?

-ryanjamal

Isn't this the same argument as Call the Vanguard? Wasn't that ruled you have to move first (and use all movement points), then attack?

No, Ctv is spend all movement pts first then attack or vice versa. You pick the order. SC ability is the same. 2 before or 2 after, no splitting.

Edited by defkhan1
3 hours ago, Kalandros said:

Yo u definitely cannot do move 1, attack, move 1.

Of course you can't, I'm asking if it's possible to attack-move as an alternative to move-attack

It doesn't say one, then the other, so yes. Like Call the Vanguard, you can choose to move then attack, or attack then move.

7 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

In other words "gains 2 movement points" (which ends up into an interrupt) and "interrupt to perform an attack" happens at the same time

No, they don't have a defined order (there is an "and", with no sequencing like commas, or "then"), so you perform them in the order of your choice. (Rulings exist.)

Edited by a1bert

But Vader End of Turn Move and Attack is "first move then attack", right?

swi46-driven-by-hatred.png

15 hours ago, a1bert said:

No, they don't have a defined order (there is an "and", with no sequencing like commas, or "then"), so you perform them in the order of your choice. (Rulings exist.)

So you're saying there's no order enforced so you can either:

• Move 2 - attack
  • Attack - move 2
  • 1 Move - attack - 1 move

Is last bullet allowed?

No, last bullet is not allowed.

7 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

So you're saying there's no order enforced so you can either:

• Move 2 - attack
  • Attack - move 2

Outside of your activation you must spend movement points immediately.

• gain 2 movement points, spend any number of them - perform an attack
  • perform an attack - gain 2 movement points, spend any number of them