Questions regarding test difficulties and degress of success

By killridemedly, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

One of my players has the following queries:

"Given the expanded test difficulties in ascension (+/-60 instead of +/-30), would things usually restricted by the old difficulties (ie, fear ratings only going from 1-4, 1 being +0 willpower test and 4 being -30 wp test) also be expanded?"

and

"If the test depends on the degrees by which the victor wins, rather than the degrees of success on the victor's actual test, does this take into account degrees of failure for the loser? For example: opposed test, one person gets three degrees of success one person gets one degree of success. the victor won by two degrees, but if one person got one degree of success and the other failed by two degrees, did the winner win by three degrees or just one?"

The maximum modifiers were already +/-60, according to the errata. Ascension was just restating it.

As for the other bit, I would say that the total DoS for the victor would be what they rolled, rather than their DoS added to their opponent's DoF. Might be something to ask the devs though, which you can do using the "Rules Questions" link at the bottom of the page (next to User Support and Help)

MILLANDSON said:

As for the other bit, I would say that the total DoS for the victor would be what they rolled, rather than their DoS added to their opponent's DoF. Might be something to ask the devs though, which you can do using the "Rules Questions" link at the bottom of the page (next to User Support and Help)

If you do and get an answer, please post it here because I just had the same question come up. happy.gif