Recruitment: Dawn of the Clone Wars - Abduction on Naboo

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Since I'm playing a force character, with a rating, I decided to remove a couple talents to add a force power.

removed: street smarts and toughened

added: Seek w/ control upgrade

http://swsheets.com/c/6u36npai4-lance-deckard

Haha thanks for the encouragement @Edgehawk . I'll go with the mute and should have the sheet filled out later today.

Update on my build, I am creating a Sullustan Ace Pilot (with some Mechanics). Most of the heavy lift is done. Just buying his gear and writing background now.

This is actually the first time I've played before so I'm not fully aware of all the party roles. Is there a job that hasn't been filled before I build a character?

Just now, grahamabama said:

This is actually the first time I've played before so I'm not fully aware of all the party roles. Is there a job that hasn't been filled before I build a character?

Check the first article in the thread. @Sincereagape has all the players and roles listed at the bottom of the post.

1 minute ago, NovaGman said:

Check the first article in the thread. @Sincereagape has all the players and roles listed at the bottom of the post. 

I did, but what I'm saying is that I don't know the game well enough to know what's missing.

13 minutes ago, grahamabama said:

I did, but what I'm saying is that I don't know the game well enough to know what's missing.

This game is actually somewhat forgiving, in that players can often adequately fulfill roles that they are not necessarily designed for. From what I can tell of our party so far, we seem to be a bit lacking in the social skills- but that does not mean you need to build your character a certain way just to fill that gap.

36 minutes ago, grahamabama said:

What books to you have access to? With NovaGman switching roles to the pilot, that leaves a sharpshooter or gun type character slot open. It might be more fun than playing a Diplomat. Going off the AoR Core if you have it, a Commander or Sharpshooter type could work.

9 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

What books to you have access to? With NovaGman switching roles to the pilot, that leaves a sharpshooter or gun type character slot open. It might be more fun than playing a Diplomat. Going off the AoR Core if you have it, a Commander or Sharpshooter type could work.

Is there a career/specialization that's a little Diplomat and a little Commander? I'd like to fall somewhere in between if possible. Also, thanks for the help everyone.

5 minutes ago, grahamabama said:

Is there a career/specialization that's a little Diplomat and a little Commander? I'd like to fall somewhere in between if possible. Also, thanks for the help everyone.

The Commander specs are mostly Leadership social skill interactions with some combat mixed in. Its your "officer" trees. The diplomat specs are more the interact with the masses trees.

14 minutes ago, grahamabama said:

Flipping through Lead by Example, there is the Commander: Figure Head. The Figure Head posses Cool, Leadership, Negotiation, and Knowledge Core Worlds in addition to the Commander career skills.

Hired Gun: Mercenary Soldier is a mix of leadership and combat capability, if that's what you're looking for.

Official OOC thread is up for when we start.

There is some additional information in the thread, specifically Orokos.com as the dice rolling program.

Anyone have a good name for our ship? Or does @Sincereagape already have a name in mind?

8 minutes ago, NovaGman said:

Anyone have a good name for our ship? Or does @Sincereagape already have a name in mind?

Don't have a name. For you guys to decide.

The G-9 might be able to fit all 8 of you. But let me know if there would be a better ship you guys recommend that might have more passenger capacity.

Or

I can provide you guys with a modified G-9 to include more cargo room for passengers and other misc items. I believe Anakin had a modified G-9 in the beginning of The Clone Wars that you guys could use.

Edited by Sincereagape
1 minute ago, Sincereagape said:

Don't have a name. For you guys to decide.

The G-9 might be able to fit all 8 of you. But let me know if there would be a better ship you guys recommend that might have more passenger capacity.

Or

I can provide you guys with a modified G-9 to include more cargo room for passengers and other misc items. I believe Anakin had a modified G-9 in the beginning of The Clone Wars that you guys could use.

We might be ok, it has 2 crew slots and 6 passenger slots. Only place me might run into trouble is if we have to rescue someone(s).

@Sincereagape Just curious.. When deciding on the lightsaber, are we limited to a basic saber? Or would I be able to have a Shoto? Just about wrapped up with my character sheet, missing minor details like background and such.. I'll be coming up with that throughout the day.

1 minute ago, Quigonjinnandjuice said:

@Sincereagape Just curious.. When deciding on the lightsaber, are we limited to a basic saber? Or would I be able to have a Shoto? Just about wrapped up with my character sheet, missing minor details like background and such.. I'll be coming up with that throughout the day.

You thinking of dual wielding? Let me think on it. But as I said to another player, I’m more yay than nay with the idea, especially if it fits the character conceptually.

Could possibly dual wield eventually. For the narrative it made more sense to me since my character is a bit smaller, around 5 feet tall.

He always had a very high respect for Master Yoda, who uses a Shoto himself.

Edited by Quigonjinnandjuice
4 minutes ago, Quigonjinnandjuice said:

Could possibly dual wield eventually. For the narrative it made more sense to me since my character is a bit smaller, around 5 feet tall.

He always had a very high respect for Master Yoda, who uses a Shoto himself.

Haha. Okay then. Feel free to use the Shoto.

Other characters if they want they can start off with double bladed LS, shoto, but they have to have an in character reason. IE makashi duelist can only start off with a gun hilt. Gun hilts maybe obtained in game and other LS mods.

So far all of the characters look pretty good. I’m hoping to fully update the OOC thread with the official roster tonight or tomorrow.

For those who have submitted characters, please roll a force dice to determine destiny points like Edgehawk.

First IC post might be up Sunday night or Monday.

@Sincereagape , do you want us to (or can we) roll our lightsaber construction per the crafting rules in Endless Vigil ? Rhothgar may not be the brightest bulb in the batch ( Intellect 1, 0 ranks in Mechanics ), but it is part of an initiate’s rite of passage.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
6 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Sincereagape , do you want us to (or can we) roll our lightsaber construction per the crafting rules in Endless Vigil ? Rhothgar may not be the brightest bulb in the batch ( Intellect 1, 0 ranks in Mechanics ), but it is part of an initiate’s rite of passage.

Hmmmmm. I don't own Endless Vigil, so I'm not familiar with the rules. I am familiar with the rules for LS construction from the FaD GM screen.

If you are able to explain them for me in this thread or through PM I can review them to make a decision. Once again, more yay than nay on this.

This roll would also apply to @Quigonjinnandjuice and @Xcapobl too for their LS construction.

In the FaD GM screen a player is also able to use Lore along with Mechanics, not sure if this applies to Endless Vigil?