Best Group Ever

By Fnoffen, in Twilight Imperium

I think my gaming group might be the best one ever. I'm turning a whopping 40 next week and what do they do? They pool together and spring for a copy of TI 4th ed. And the playmat. GOD I platonically love those guys!

What great people! Birthday game!

Platonically? I would love them ALL the ways!

And last weekend I actually got it. They made a whole event around it, too. Even paid my train tickets. Two hour train ride from where I live to Stockholm on friday with unboxing/sleeving/bagging on friday evening, a full 6 player game on saturday (took 12 hours including setup, teardown and meal breaks), and another two hour train ride home on sunday.

I may have not won but it was fun anyway. The most intelligent mathmatician of the group played Jol-Nar and whacked out 4 VP to go from 6 to win in round 5. 1VP with Imperial and 3 (2public + 1secret) in the Status phase.

15 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

1VP    with Im  perial and 3 (2public + 1secr  et) in  the Status phase. 

I thought you still couldn’t score more than 1 public during the status phase, even in TI4.

I'll clarify: a 1VP PO with Imperial and 3VP (one 2VP PO and one 1VP SO) in the Status Phase. It might have been round 6 too.

That sounds awesome! I hope you'll have many more opportunities to play this awesome game! 😊

There must be something with turning 40 and getting TI 4. My wife got me TI for my 40th last October, but I now think she is regretting it given how much time I have dedicated to it lately 😁 .