Different Outland scouts build

By Tarliyn, in Runewars Tactics

So this one seemed a bit out there to me:

4 tray outland scout in a 4x1 config

Seasoned pathfinder

Artifact bearer

Dawnblade

Popout of terrain and hits or surges give you threat 4 damage.

Worth its points, perhaps not. Unexpected, diffenetly, lol.

Anyone else have any weird outland scout builds?

Both season pathfinder and artifact Bearer are champions. So this one won’t work.

Still an Artifact Bearer+Dawnblade is something different that could be fun. Certainly ups the damage potential. You get around an average 12 in melee instead of 8 with that surge dialed in.

1 hour ago, Church14 said:

Both season pathfinder and artifact Bearer are champions. So this one won’t work.

Still an Artifact Bearer+Dawnblade is something different that could be fun. Certainly ups the damage potential. You get around an average 12 in melee instead of 8 with that surge dialed in.

Ahh crap, I thought pathfinder was training for some reason. But as you pointed out the core of the build was dawnblade which could be viscious

There are three builds I'd like to try in the coming months:

Outland Scouts [43] 3x2
Artifact Bearer [4]
Moment of Inspiration [5]
The Dawnblade [10]
Total Unit Cost: 62

Quite serious damage - tosses out 12 or 15 without breaking a sweat, and although it's 62 vulnerable points, the Scouts' dial is pretty good. Might be good, might be good.

Outland Scouts [32] 2x2
Kari Wraithstalker [18]
Rank Discipline [4]
Total Unit Cost: 54

BBB with 2 rerolls makes this deadly to be around. Scout should let it deploy across from something not particularly threatening and then proceed to shred anything within 5.

Outland Scouts [32] 2x2
Uncontrolled Geomancer [6]
Total Unit Cost: 38

If Vorun'Thul Reanimates and Berserker stars get too big for their britches, this should trade pretty well. Pretty much a suicide unit, but if it can get two or three Geomancies then it's probably done a great job. Meta call, pretty much. Could go nicely with a Golem army headed by Zachareth...

I am really curious about the geomancer build too. I want to like the guy but just cant seem to wrap my mind around a good way to use it

3 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

There are three builds I'd like to try in the coming months:

Outland Scouts [43] 3x2
Artifact Bearer [4]
Moment of Inspiration [5]
The Dawnblade [10]
Total Unit Cost: 62

Quite serious damage - tosses out 12 or 15 without breaking a sweat, and although it's 62 vulnerable points, the Scouts' dial is pretty good. Might be good, might be good.

Outland Scouts [32] 2x2
Kari Wraithstalker [18]
Rank Discipline [4]
Total Unit Cost: 54

BBB with 2 rerolls makes this deadly to be around. Scout should let it deploy across from something not particularly threatening and then proceed to shred anything within 5.

Outland Scouts [32] 2x2
Uncontrolled Geomancer [6]
Total Unit Cost: 38

If Vorun'Thul Reanimates and Berserker stars get too big for their britches, this should trade pretty well. Pretty much a suicide unit, but if it can get two or three Geomancies then it's probably done a great job. Meta call, pretty much. Could go nicely with a Golem army headed by Zachareth...

I've done the Kari 2x2 build twice now, I've been liking it. Even if doesn't play out perfectly, it projects a lot of threat. And the fact it gets to deploy last and move up quick, should give you that opportunity to use the fan of knives.