Are there any 2nd Edition stream overlay tools?

By Jarval, in X-Wing

Possibly a bit early in the day for there to be anything out there, but as a fan of the Tabletop.to stream overlay project , I was wondering if anyone is working on anything similar for 2nd Edition as yet? ? A few of the folks in my club are looking at the possibility of doing a release night stream, but our old streaming solution isn't available any more.

I’m working on xhud (xhud.sirjorj.com) for second edition. I don’t know if it will be ready by launch day.

13 minutes ago, sirjorj said:

I’m working on xhud (xhud.sirjorj.com) for second edition. I don’t know if it will be ready by launch day.

That's excellent news! ? I'm aware we're being a little ambitious with launch day - there's always the old fashioned approach of a camera and some text boxes to cover that!

All the game data is in place ( http://xhud.sirjorj.com/xwing.cgi ) - ive been working on that for the last few months (with help from a few other people). I recently started on the overlay generator part. It will mostly be like the first edition one so i will probably come together pretty quickly.

Just beware - xhud is not the most user friendly one out there! It is command line based and that can be intimidating to some people. :)

On 8/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, sirjorj said:

All the game data is in place ( http://xhud.sirjorj.com/xwing.cgi ) - ive been working on that for the last few months (with help from a few other people). I recently started on the overlay generator part. It will mostly be like the first edition one so i will probably come together pretty quickly.

Just beware - xhud is not the most user friendly one out there! It is command line based and that can be intimidating to some people. :)

Do you happen to have live images of this (something on youtube)?

Wow, there's a response to an old post!

I am not aware of any realworld use of the second edition version of the xhud overlay generator. I have kind of been neglecting it as the website seems to be more useful to people. I have also done some work to make sure that the data is consistent between several of the third-party xwing resources. If you aren't afraid of a bash prompt and are interested in this, I'd be happy to work with you. I do need to rebuild it to add the wave 8 stuff though...