Creating a Terrinoth Bestiary

By Veruca, in Realms of Terrinoth

I'm starting a Terrinoth campaign, and while the book comes with its own list of adversaries, I want more. I was curious if people might help me with this, or could point me in the right direction. I want to start by making a list of every enemy that's been present in the other games like Descent, Runebound, etc. ... When I've got the list, I can cross off any creature that has stats in the Genesys sourcebook, and then try to stat all the ones that are left. For example, I know that Descent has Ettins, but there are no Ettins in the sourcebook, so that would be a creature for me to stat out. I don't know if anyone has done this already, but it's a little project I want to do to give me more options during my campaign.

So, if possible, could you maybe reply with what adveraries are available in the other Terrinoth games? Thanks in advance!

Thanks, hadn't seen that one before. Not quite what I'm looking for, though. I want to make a list of all known Terrinoth baddies (like the ones available in boardgames such as Descent), then give them Genesys stats (like the Ettin, for example).

That would be great. I’d be glad to help with the stat out, or with the listing.

(Beside descent, Rune age has a few interesting figures from different races and lands)

15 hours ago, geki said:

That would be great. I’d be glad to help with the stat out, or with the listing.

(Beside descent, Rune age has a few interesting figures from different races and lands)

That would be appreciated, thank you! I'm sure we can draw inspiration from the enemy cards from those games in regards to stats, skills, talents, traits...

The As a start, I listed all of the creatures and units (but no individual characters like Splig) to be found in Descent, Battlelore 2nd edition, Rune Age and Runewars.

For each unit that had a direct correspondence, I listed the page number in the Genesys books. For some I suggested some possible correspondences (some more straightforward than others).

I also list what source they come from (with Descent being the default, BL being battlelore, RA Rune Age, RW Rune Wars).

I left out clear duplicates (i.e. things that are present with different names in different games, like Troll from descent and Giant Troll from RuneWars, who share the same art from 1st edition descent) and super generic units (Dwarf Forger and Elven Warrior come to mind).

the link with (for now) just the list is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcq85f6j8g7iyc1/Terrinoth Bestiary WIP.docx?dl=0

which I also try to attach to this thread.

the next step, beside individual creatures, would be to get a guideline for wound and attack conversion from descent to Genesys. Are wounds 1 to 1? I suspect that’s the case for act II monsters, but I have made no comparative analysis yet.

terrinoth bestiary wip.docx

Oh, very nice! This was exactly what I was looking for! Some names don't really ring any bell (like Arachyura, I presume it's some kind of spider), but I think I can google those names and find some pictures. I think I'll start off with the easy ones, like the zombie and troll. I'll get back to this when I came up with a draft for them. :)

Excellent idea! I was also looking through all the Descent monsters and wish some interesting monsters like Chaos Beasts, Bone Horrors and Broodwalkers have stats in RoT.

4 hours ago, Armoks said:

There is a nice list of monsters on Descent Wiki. You should take a look.

http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Monster

All of them are included in the list.

19 hours ago, geki said:

All of them are included in the list.

Yes, but on the Wiki you also have a description and a picture of a monster

Haven't really gotten around to statting these adversaries yet, been a bit busy with the Genesys conversion for Dark Heresy. Will get to these eventuall, though. Thank you all for your contributions so far. The pictures really do help! :)