who's excited for this ?

By gmcc, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

so this year seems like its the samurai theme since the announcments i've seen so far in general

who's excited for this ? i mean RPG in samurai world seems so cool :3 reminds me of the times i saw rurouni kenshin ^^

PS . For the lovers of this era, what are ur favourite board games or novels ? future exploration purposes :$

Me and my gaming group are PUMPED for this game. We are already in the middle of a campaign using a revised 5R5 Beta ruleset, and we look forward to see how the end product will be.

I definitely am. My group enjoys 4th, but we are pumped and excited for the new version.

10 hours ago, gmcc said:

who's excited for this ?

Very much so. Whilst the beta version had its flaws, it was a nice game, and the setting is a beautiful one - love or hate any specific rules mechanic or plot detail, I haven't met anyone who'll argue with the quality of the artwork FFG is churning out to support the LCG, RPG and stories.

The narrative in the short stories appears to be coming to a rather dramatic head, as well.

12 hours ago, gmcc said:

so this year seems like its the samurai theme since the announcments i've seen so far in general

who's excited for this ? i mean RPG in samurai world seems so cool :3 reminds me of the times i saw rurouni kenshin ^^

PS . For the lovers of this era, what are ur favourite board games or novels ? future exploration purposes :$

Seems this is your first exposure to the Legend of the Five Rings property. Neat, it's always fun to see new faces, and I was beginning to worry the only people who cared about the game were longtime fans leftover from the AEG days.

L5R is a property that's been around since 1995, under a company called Alderac Entertainment Group before getting sold wholesale to FFG. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings

If you want to explore the world of Rokugan more, there's been four whole editions of the RPG before this one, each with numerous books packed with lore and setting info. I would suggest looking at the 4th edition Emerald Empire book if you can, otherwise check out the L5R wiki for a taste of what was http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_Wiki

Or, since FFG rebooted the timeline to the very beginning of where the old game started, you can get away with ignoring the old material completely and just checking out the fictions under the LCG's page.

I'm going to check out the finished version just for kicks, but after play testing the beta I had all members of two of my gaming groups independently and unianimously decide that every aspect of 5th is a step down from 4th.

Definitely going to give someone else's copy a read through and see if there's any stuff worth bringing in to any of the 4th Ed games I'm writing right now, but it would have to be a VERY remarkable improvement from the beta.

10 hours ago, narukagami said:

Seems this is your first exposure to the Legend of the Five Rings property. Neat, it's always fun to see new faces, and I was beginning to worry the only people who cared about the game were longtime fans leftover from the AEG days.

L5R is a property that's been around since 1995, under a company called Alderac Entertainment Group before getting sold wholesale to FFG. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings

If you want to explore the world of Rokugan more, there's been four whole editions of the RPG before this one, each with numerous books packed with lore and setting info. I would suggest looking at the 4th edition Emerald Empire book if you can, otherwise check out the L5R wiki for a taste of what was http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_Wiki

Or, since FFG rebooted the timeline to the very beginning of where the old game started, you can get away with ignoring the old material completely and just checking out the fictions under the LCG's page.

Yes its my first time with this series i dont know anything About it only knew about it now but seems nice :) thanks ill have a look

As to novels, I loved Taiko and Musashi. Yoshikawa also did a book focusing on Shingen Takeda, I believe, but I have not seen an English Translation. :)