Moritat background cost

By ciryon, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello

In the Inquisotorial Handbook, the Moritat background cost is 300 XP.

In the french translation of this book it is 200 XP.

I posted on the french forum to ask them to correct the mistake - http://www.edgeent.com/v2_fr/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=62&efcid=10&efidt=97262 - but I have been answered that since the french books incorporate the erata already, the mistake should be on the original book....a bit strange since the original version errata does not say this is a typo...

Which is the correct cost ?

ciryon said:

Hello

In the Inquisotorial Handbook, the Moritat background cost is 300 XP.

In the french translation of this book it is 200 XP.

I posted on the french forum to ask them to correct the mistake - http://www.edgeent.com/v2_fr/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=62&efcid=10&efidt=97262 - but I have been answered that since the french books incorporate the erata already, the mistake should be on the original book....a bit strange since the original version errata does not say this is a typo...

Which is the correct cost ?

Having looked through all 3 versions of the errata and both my BI and FFG copies of the Inquisitor's handbook, I can find nothing in the English version of the rules indicating the the stated 300xp is an error. For a definitive answer from the development staff I would recommend using the |Rules Question| link here, or click it at the bottom of the page. Ross and Sam are both pretty responsive during the work week; I don't know about on the weekend.

-=Brother Praetus=-

And be sure to let us know what they say!

To be honest, as a GM I'd say it's 300xp, as it already gives many nice abilities to the character and this tearing alone is worth 300xp.

300 xp for a quiet chainsword. I guess that's fair. ;)

Reilly said:

To be honest, as a GM I'd say it's 300xp, as it already gives many nice abilities to the character and this tearing alone is worth 300xp.

Start with this then spend yourself up to the Moritat Reaper elite package... Sharp, pointy, SEXY!