Kethra's new terrain

By Panzerninja, in Runewars Tactics

Raiderstent-desecrated

Is anyone else spooked by Raider's tent?

While I realized that the tent will not always appear in games, it seems like a huge boost to any faction that has a bunch of terrain shenanigans (AKA Uthuk).

The chapel also seems nice place as well.

I'm excited to try it out. Like you said, Uthuk will love it. I wonder if it will give Uthuk a taste of their own medicine when used against them.

2 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm excited to try it out. Like you said, Uthuk will love it. I wonder if it will give Uthuk a taste of their own medicine when used against them.

Possibly, but i don't think most factions will be able to take full advantage of it unless they can move out and collide messing up the utuhks dial. Uthuk (I think) are the only ones that can convert the move into a charge or even a full melee attack

The Thresher Scuttle out of the tent and march seems quite strong. It's also great for giving Ravos a speed boost, and a 4-tray ripper gets to exit terrain in any direction and almost maintain their Dead Sprint.

Justin and I tried one game with it, and he (correctly) put it in his own corner where I couldn't use it. We are going to talk about it when we record tonight, so check out this week's episode on Wednesday for some tent breakdown!

I think it could've been tempered a bit with a "must" instead of "may" on the tent side. That would at least take a bit more planning to use. I like the chapel side tho, I think they should do more faction specific effects.

Also is there a difference between " a unit occupying this terrain gains protected 1" and just simply stating "protected 1"?

(see raiders tent vs the chapel)

19 minutes ago, Panzerninja said:

Also is there a difference between " a unit occupying this terrain gains protected 1" and just simply stating "protected 1"?

(see raiders tent vs the chapel)

Protected isn't a terrain keyword. They split that up between Fortified (melee) and Cover (ranged). By saying the unit gains protected, they are able to essentially put Fortified 1 and Cover 1 on the same terrain piece, while still maintaining their template of only two keywords per terrain. I think that's what's going on here.

30 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Protected isn't a terrain keyword. They split that up between Fortified (melee) and Cover (ranged). By saying the unit gains protected, they are able to essentially put Fortified 1 and Cover 1 on the same terrain piece, while still maintaining their template of only two keywords per terrain. I think that's what's going on here.

Terrain Rwm19 Sacred-Font-Fae-Infested-Glade

fae infested glade does have protected as a terrain keyword.

If anything it's just a minor oversight

52 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Fortified/Cover adds to armor. Protected just pulls damage out of the pool. Quite a bit different.

1 hour ago, flightmaster101 said:

I think it could've been tempered a bit with a "must" instead of "may" on the tent side. That would at least take a bit more planning to use. I like the chapel side tho, I think they should do more faction specific effects.

I was thinking that as well.

To the topic in general:

Though there are units that can use this to their advantage that aren’t Uthuk, though Uthuk gain the most from it. That being said:

-Any of the Cav units with a march2 on the right hand dial can make themselves a painful jammer that launches and collides with units.

- Aliana could do a march2 and a shift green away from terrain.

- Ventala could exit terrain, march 2, and then shoot. Giving a truly bonkers area coverage.

- Faolon can charge out this terrain. In theory, he could use his march3, leave terrain, use the terrain march 2 (and modify it), then still have his two march 1s available to mess with. So he can theoretically pull off a double charge out of this terrain.

-Lord V can do an init3 march out, do the two march from the terrain, and then use his skill and have a pretty disgusting range for his transformation

-Everything with a double shift.

I’m sure I’ll find more

23 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

Fortified/Cover adds to armor. Protected just pulls damage out of the pool. Quite a bit different.

doh!

12 minutes ago, Church14 said:

To the topic in general:

Though there are units that can use this to their advantage that aren’t Uthuk, though Uthuk gain the most from it. That being said:

-Any of the Cav units with a march2 on the right hand dial can make themselves a painful jammer that launches and collides with units.

- Ventala could exit terrain, march 2, and then shoot. Giving a truly bonkers area coverage.

- Faolon can charge out this terrain. In theory, h  e could use his march3, leave terrain, use the terrain march 2 (and modify it), then still have his two march 1s available to mess with. So he can theoretically pull off a double charge out of this terrain.

-Lord V can do an init3 march out, do the two march from the terrain, and then use his skill and have a pretty disgusting range for his transformation

I’m sure I’ll find more

Small addition, any latari unit with Lay of the land could cover slightly more distance

I was thinking any infantry unit with an Aggressive musician could make use of it. ... I guess that's Reanimates and Spearmen only, though, since Berserkers and Darnati have to be at 6 trays to get music upgrades, but the terrain has a 4-tray limit.

The good news is you can only bring one to a tournament, so it’s not like you can rely on it. Probably best they continue that design.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:30 PM, Budgernaut said:

I was thinking any infantry unit with an Aggressive musician could make use of it. ... I guess that's Reanimates and Spearmen only, though, since Berserkers and Darnati have to be at 6 trays to get music upgrades, but the terrain has a 4-tray limit.

And Latari don't even have Aggressive musicians.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, Bhelliom said:

The good news is you can only bring one to a tournament, so it’s not like you can rely on it. Probably best they continue that design.

But you could totally take this and 3 Strongholds. Especially if you're @FranquesEnbiens and already had 4...

On 8/20/2018 at 8:34 PM, Bhelliom said:

Just curious, where did you read that?

here are the tournament rules for including terrain:

"Each player must include four terrain cards of his or her choice and the corresponding punchboard terrain pieces—or custom 3D terrain—in their army. The total capacity of any combination of two chosen terrain cards cannot exceed 6"

So if you are including 2 tents, I believe you would exceed a capacity of 6.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Church14 said:

To the topic in general:

- Faolon can charge out this terrain. In theory, he could use his march3, leave terrain, use the terrain march 2 (and modify it), then still have his two march 1s available to mess with. So he can theoretically pull off a double charge out of this terrain.

I’m sure I’ll find more

I could be wrong but the way I read it. You still can't use the modifier side of the dials. As exiting terrain cancels everything else, or am I wrong and that is only entering terrain? If it's only entering terrain then obviously I'm wrong, but if it's the same in and out then your modifier side of the dial still does nothing.

59 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

I could be wrong but the way I read it. You still can't use the modifier side of the dials. As exiting terrain cancels everything else, or am I wrong and that is only entering terrain? If it's only entering terrain then obviously I'm wrong, but if it's the same in and out then your modifier side of the dial still does nothing.

Entering terrain cancels actions and modifiers, leaving terrain only limits your march or shift action to stepping out while remaining in contact with terrain edge.