Questionable Motives

By Xcalibur7369, in UFS Rules Q & A

Card Text

F Commit, Discard 2 Momentum: Add up to 2 cards from your card pool to your momentum.

Tournament Rule

401.2.1 Multiple: X – E Discard up to X momentum: The player places each momentum discarded to pay
for this ability into their card pool to the right of the multiple attack. Until the end of the turn each momentum
placed into the card pool counts as a copy of the multiple attack. The face down copy's values are copies
of the printed values of the original attack. The face down copy has no printed values. The face down
copy has a blank text box. No control check is required and each copy has its own enhance, block, and
damage step, you must go down the line resolving each multiple copy in turn until you have been through
them all. If a multiple copy would go to a player’s momentum it is discarded instead. If you would create a
multiple copy of a multiple copy the card that would become the copy of a copy is discarded instead.

My question is this. If I use Questionable Motives in an attempt to move a Multiples copies from my card pool to my momentum, are they automatically discarded instead? I know that this seems pretty straight forward, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Short answer is yes. Anytime a multiple would go to momentum during any phase it goes to the discard instead. The rule you brought up is the reason for that.

Stamp for Zero Cross