Star Wars Era(s) Specialization and Adversary Decks

By edisung, in Star Wars Roleplaying Specialization and Adversary Decks

Dawn of Rebellion has been out for a while now, and while FFG routinely announces the Specialization Decks availability the same day as the new Sourcebooks hit shelves, there has been no news of decks being produced for the generic (non-EoE/AoR/F&D) lines. I would greatly enjoy new Specialization decks covering the six player options included (as well as fresh Adversary Decks!!!). Now, with the announcement of the new Clone Wars Era Sourcebook, I'm worried that FFG/Asmodee have decided to move away from these products, especially after restricting production already and forcing those of us who appreciate these decks to buy solely from their print-on-demand stock at a premium (if it's even offered! there are some decks that are not listed on FFG's site at all).

Rise of the Separatists will have six more player options that should have decks made available. Without any news of a change in development, I can only assume that future games will lack these 12 Specialization Decks. It feels like FFG doesn't care about this as they move more towards X-Wing and Legion as the primary focus of their SW Licensed games. The RPG has released its last sourcebook for the three original lines this week (Cyphers and Masks). Every future announcement/release will be an Era Sourcebook, a Location/Region Sourcebook, or an Adventure Supplement -- unless these new Eras' player options receive their own Sourcebooks and Specialization Decks (as if each Era could be considered a "Core" Rulebook of sorts - which might be interesting).

Anyway, this is just me wondering why there haven't been any announcements in regards to these resources being continued with the new materials that have released. I would like to see the RPG continue to expand in both volume and the detailed size of the galaxy for which it describes. What are your thoughts?

19 hours ago, edisung said:

Dawn of Rebellion has been out for a while now, and while FFG routinely announces the Specialization Decks availability the same day as the new Sourcebooks hit shelves, there has been no news of decks being produced for the generic (non-EoE/AoR/F&D) lines. I would greatly enjoy new Specialization decks covering the six player options included (as well as fresh Adversary Decks!!!). Now, with the announcement of the new Clone Wars Era Sourcebook, I'm worried that FFG/Asmodee have decided to move away from these products, especially after restricting production already and forcing those of us who appreciate these decks to buy solely from their print-on-demand stock at a premium (if it's even offered! there are some decks that are not listed on FFG's site at all).

Rise of the Separatists will have six more player options that should have decks made available. Without any news of a change in development, I can only assume that future games will lack these 12 Specialization Decks. It feels like FFG doesn't care about this as they move more towards X-Wing and Legion as the primary focus of their SW Licensed games. The RPG has released its last sourcebook for the three original lines this week (Cyphers and Masks). Every future announcement/release will be an Era Sourcebook, a Location/Region Sourcebook, or an Adventure Supplement -- unless these new Eras' player options receive their own Sourcebooks and Specialization Decks (as if each Era could be considered a "Core" Rulebook of sorts - which might be interesting).

Anyway, this is just me wondering why there haven't been any announcements in regards to these resources being continued with the new materials that have released. I would like to see the RPG continue to expand in both volume and the detailed size of the galaxy for which it describes. What are your thoughts?

To be entirely clear, they haven't always announced and released the specialization decks with the books. For a while, it was some time after the books released that the cards were made available (there is one set of decks that don't exist on the website despite being available to order from other sites). What's been happening recently is that the books have been massively delayed due to shipping reasons, so they had time to finish the decks and release them simultaneously. I believe Dawn of Rebellion was released on their actual time table, so the decks may come later.

Based on the recent announcement, NPCs from DoR will be in the upcoming Imperials & Rebels 3 deck - the announcement showed a Death Trooper card.