Quick Rules Question.

By Matrim, in KeyForge

This may be self evident so if so then apologies. My biggest query is that if I play an attachment/weapon from house A onto a creature from House B can it use its effect? I guess so as the rule book shows attachments doing this and it does say it adjusts the card. Just need to check!

Yes.

Thanks! Does the same apply to passive abilities. Like the creature that says 'gain 1 amber when a creature enters play' - can you gain one if you play a creature from another house or is it only when using that specific house.

Plus while I am at it can you unstun creatures from non active houses.

Edited by Matrim
2 hours ago, Matrim said:

Thanks! Does the same apply to passive abilities. Like the creature that says 'gain 1 amber when a creature enters play' - can you gain one if you play a creature from another house or is it only when using that specific house.

Plus while I am at it can you unstun creatures from non active houses.

1. I believe so. If it says “a creature” it should just be all houses.

2. No. The stun effect ends when you “activate” that character. Can’t do that if you choose a different house.

Just my two cents.

4 hours ago, Imperial Citizen said:

1. I believe so. If it says “a creature” it should just be all houses.

2. No. The stun effect ends when you “activate” that character. Can’t do that if you choose a different house.

Just my two cents.

For number 2, I'd say mostly no, but if you have an effect or ability that lets you use a creature off house, you could unstun it.

Thanks for the answers peeps..

Another quick rules query. If you do damage via a card to a creature with armour does the armour soak it up or does the armour only count when fighting?

Armor “soaks up” the first damage received, doesn’t have to be from fighting

1 hour ago, Palpster said:

Armor “soaks up” the first damage received, doesn’t have to be from fighting

And unlike some other games, armor doesn't soak each hit: once you do more damage than the armor value in a turn, everything else goes through fully.

Next up, does the rule of 6 apply to cards like the hunting witch. It looks to me as if using its permenant ability is a 'use' of the card so the rule would apply but some on facebook say that these dont count...

51 minutes ago, Matrim said:

Next up, does the rule of 6 apply to cards like the hunting witch. It looks to me as if using its permenant ability is a 'use' of the card so the rule would apply but some on facebook say that these dont count...

No. Rule of 6 only applies to playing and using cards, not abilities that are triggered.

Using is defined in the rules. For creatures, using is Reaping, Fighting or Action. For using Artifacts is Action or Omni.

Looks deliberate but I will ask the devs anyway.

Why? The rules are pretty clear in this case.

So you have never seen FFG rule a different way before on a clear rules issue?

They probably will support it (as I have also seen rules incorrectly written against how cards were playtested suddenly becoming lore) but I like things that prevent mass changes to board state. Doomwind can easily gain 18 aember two to three times a game off of this and though this would restrict it to 6 that is still 'a lot' .

If it argues your way then I suspect the first decks to get chains will be decks with that specific Doomwind combo...

14 minutes ago, Matrim said:

So you have never seen FFG rule a different way before on a clear rules issue?

They probably will support it (as I have also seen rules incorrectly written against how cards were playtested suddenly becoming lore) but I like things that prevent mass changes to board state. Doomwind can easily gain 18 aember two to three times a game off of this and though this would restrict it to 6 that is still 'a lot' .

If it argues your way then I suspect the first decks to get chains will be decks with that specific Doomwind combo...

There is no arguing one way or the other. That's the rules.

Now if FFG feels that's not what they intended or something is too strong and decide to the change rules that's a different story.

But rules as written, there's no argument.

Edited by netherspirit1982

So there are no problems with asking then is there.

13 minutes ago, Matrim said:

So there are no problems with asking then is there.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Edited by netherspirit1982
2 hours ago, Matrim said:

Next up, does the rule of 6 apply to cards like the hunting witch.

Care to post the card text, for those of us who haven't seen the card and aren't doing TTS?

13 minutes ago, Xelto said:

Care to post the card text, for those of us who haven't seen the card and aren't doing TTS?

Each time you play another creature, gain 1 amber.

6 hours ago, Matrim said:

4 hours ago, netherspirit1982 said:

Each time you play another creature, gain 1 amber.

No limits to it. It's one of those creatures you kill quickly after your opponent plays it.